Chrononauts Central Command

New Recruits:
1. [Recruit #1] Talusproteus, Felix Macbeth, Chrono-No. 1958
2. [Recruit #2] Natsume, Chiyoko Haruka, Chrono-No. 2078
3. [Recruit #3] Namyzarc, Jim "Preacher" Pope, Chrono-No. 2079
4. [Recruit #4] Slathe, Fallon Stone, Chrono-No. 2080
5. [Recruit #5]*Maytheodds, Aimee Macduff, Chrono-No. 2081
6. [Recruit #6]*Interessovat, Preap Sovath, Chrono-No. 2082

*(Position dependent on departmental funding - 18 active PBFers)

NOTE:
[Chrononauts are enlisted based on a percentage of the forum population to leave their former lives for the protection of the greater good and thread history. Those who enlist here are thus unable to join other 2R1B: PBFs during their time of service. The duty of the Chrononauts is a very special and difficult one. It is not for the faint of heart or the weak. (If you sign up to be a Chrononaut, you cannot also sign-up in the PBF#32 thread; vice a versa.) If your application to join is denied, you will stick in the active time stream.]

Applicants to be monitored for time policing skills:
1. Zac (zeebo30)
2. Caitlin (nolemonplease)
3. Natalie (Natsume)
4. Shawna (shawnad2006)
5. Itai (Itai)
6. Peer (theknightofcups)
7. Alan (rathstar)
8. Slathe (Slathe)
9. May (maytheodds)
10. Randy (namyzarc)
11. Craig (CraigRJ)
12. Mike (mfl134)
13. Hal (hal2000)
14. Rochelle (interessovat)
15. Justin (talusproteus)
16. Luis (dxmify)
17. Neil (RedScharlach)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Shhhh...
badge
I know. I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 2R1B PBF - Chrononauts Central Command - Welcome

Welcome, recruits, to the Chrononauts Time Policing Force.

Here at Chrononauts our duty is to protect and defend the stability of the time continuum. History is made up of fragile and delicate threads. The sanctity of these threads is essential for the continued existence of forum life. And by protecting these threads, we are the only thing that stands between life and chaos!

Our job is a precious and vital one. So important is it, that we have all enlisted to serve despite the fact it forces us to leave the other threads and abandon our own original lives.

I am honored to greet you newbies today here at Chrononauts Central Command. Now line up and prepare to move out for training!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Shhhh...
badge
I know. I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 2R1B PBF - Chrononauts Central Command - Registration

Alright, recruits, proceed to the registration room at the end of the hall for processing. Yes, you are about to receive your Chronogate Badges. Try to contain your excitement -- they will not be activated until you have completed training.

"Hey, man, you want to borrow a comb? No offense, but you kind of look like shit and they're about to take our pictures for our badges."
Caught off guard and stunned for a couple seconds, unsure and hesitant to acknowledge that he's talking to you, you eventually reply, "Wh-- ...yeah, sure. Thanks?"
You look back at this frank, young fellow. Average height, solid build, short dark hair almost all combed to the left side. A big dumb grin bordered by wrinkles on his face.
"So this is pretty awesome, eh?"
"Yeah, I--"
"Totally man, I always knew there was something bigger out there. That I was destined for something more. When I ran into that Chrononaut, I just knew, man. How about you?"
"Well, I was born into--"
"Cool, man, cool. I cannot wait to get my Chronogate Badge. To hold that cool heavy metal phoenix clock in my hand. You ever hear about the original one?"
"I--"
"It just hit the original Chrononaut in the back, came outta nowhere like spontaneous lightning. Then he used advanced cloning technology from 2567 to splice it with a control mechanism and duplicate it. Captain Arthur Macbeth Trisk. Man, how amazing would it be to meet him?"
"I think--"
"Oh, man, I'm so sorry. Where are my manners? I'm Jim Pope, but people call me Preacher. Not sure why."
"That makes sense," you say under your breathe. "Felix Macbeth. Nice to meet you," 'you loud-mouth' you think in your head as you shake his hand.
"Pleasures all mine, man. Felix Macbeth? You know I heard that the grandson of--"
Finally being interrupted himself, another recruit cuts in front of you, "Hi, Yuanhao Xiang, I was warped off lost Flight 370 from 2014. You guys know how long we are going to be waiting, I was waiting for the lavatory on the plane and still need to go."
"Heh, ah, Yuanhao, the facilities are just down there on the right, you've got time. Just hurry, I'll cover for you."
"Oh, thanks you, so much, sir," the kid yells as he runs down the hallway.
--Hey! Watch where you're going punk!--
"Remember do not attempt to use or move the hands on your badge after you receive it! After you have finished processing with registration, proceed to the room across the hall for transport to training."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Shhhh...
badge
I know. I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 2R1B PBF - Chrononauts Central Command - Boot Camp
You shuddered impulsively as your body tingled. You opened your eyes which had instinctively closed from the bright light. Suddenly you were outside standing in a clearing... The door you had just entered was gone, as was Central Command apparently.
Off across the clearing where a variety of buildings, the entire area enclosed by fences... beyond the fences though you couldn't see anything, as if the world just stopped outside this complex.

You heard a gruff bellowing voice begin to bark at you. You turned to see a tall, old and grey man, his brow and forehead coated in stern lines and wrinkles. "Get your heads straight recruits. A tingling sensation is normal after transportation, but unless you want to be known as a pansy, you won't talk about it. This is Camp Phoenix, and I'm your drill sergeant, G. Goliath. You will refer to me as "sir" or "Sergeant Goliath, sir". Is that clear?"

'Yes, sir!' the group of recruits yelled in unison.

"Hmm? What's that? Maybe we aren't in the same time because I couldn't hear you clearly!"

'YES, SIR!'

"That's better. Now before I take you to the barracks and mess hall, let's see what they sent me. Over there is the obstacle course. . . . Why are you still standing here!? MOVE!"

You are all lined up in the yard for your third day of training to begin. Across the camp you see three men carrying a large chest out of the command post into the back door of the mess, which is odd since no food stuffs would be stored in the command post.

"Hey! Sweet-cheeks! Wake up!" Goliath barks at you for being distracted. He walks up to your face and gruffs, "Just because you're a legacy don't think you can slack through training, boy."

You hold yourself back from cringing at his mention of your ancestry and hope no one heard. But from your peripheral vision you can see Preacher's eyes widen.

"Listen, Preacher," you whisper as you look around. "I know you heard what Sarge said, but you can't tell anyone. No one can ever know who I am. Do you understand?"

"But why would you not tell us? That's amazing. You're--"

You put your hand over his mouth. "Stop. It needs to stay secret because Chrononauts isn't what it seems. Something isn't quite right, and I'm investigating what it is. So welcome to the team. Just act normal, okay?"

"...," finally at a loss for words, Preacher, slowly nods in recognition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Shhhh...
badge
I know. I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 2R1B PBF - Chrononauts Central Command - Training
Welcome to Memory and Paradox Training. Do not slack off here, or you could easily find yourself dead. It is paramount to learn how to adjust your memories to prevent paradox delusions.

For example, may remember a forgotten, erased memory when I mention the following -- you took an application to join this agency. Now, your memories of this process were erased for the protection of the timeline. However, the process is not 100% effective for everyone. Some people's minds are more resistant to change than others. So, you might now have a sense of this application. But most of you will have no idea still. And of course, some of you never took an application. A fair number of Chrononauts are chosen based on quick decisions because they do not have the time for an application before their time would otherwise run out.

Now, you may be wondering still. Why is it important for you to learn how to forget? To a degree, remembering can be helpful as the appearance of paradoxical memories in your mind will alert you to changes in the time continuum. However, most people cannot handle the mental stress of bearing paradoxical memories. Often a sufficient number of such memories will lead to TPMS, Traumatic Paradoxical Memory Syndrome. TPMS can lead to delusional and destructive behavior from the best of agents, as well as death.

"Haha, you idiot," you hear a voice jesting.
"You know Fallon, it's pretty ignorant to call anyone an idiot when they can time travel to when they've learned the answer in question," you retort to the rude Fallon.
"Whatever. I've got better things to do than argue with you. Let's go Aimee, Preap."

"I didn't need any help, but thanks anyway, I guess."
"What was the stick up their rears?"
"I couldn't remember the vow we are supposed to use to initiate our time travel."
"Deflagrate muros temporis et intervalia."
"Oh, right, duh. Thanks."
"No problem, Chiyoko."
"...wait, didn't you used to be a guy -- named Yuanhao Xiang?" Preacher interjected.
"What?"
"...ugh, my head hurts."

Now remember recruits. You should never make your presence or our existence known to civilians. Speak the temporal native's language, blend in. Only in the most dire of circumstances should you publicly explain yourself. It is vital that we go unnoticed and affect the time continuum as little as possible. Our job is to keep time, not make it. Now you've graduated, so go out and do what we know you will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Shhhh...
badge
I know. I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 2R1B PBF - Chrononauts Central Command - The Voice in the Void
In the darkness you sense a presence even though there is nothing, The time is nearly at hand for Operation Double Helix to begin my new dawn. Then you wake up in a cold sweat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Shhhh...
badge
I know. I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 2R1B PBF - Chrononauts Central Command - NO POSTING YET
Fall in and form up, recruits!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jocelyn Hays
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
You are not two people. And you are not one person. You are an experience. Make sure you're a good experience.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 2R1B PBF - Chrononauts Central Command - Looking for new recruits
Zeebo30 reporting for duty! (in)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
In...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
You know I love the players and you love the game
badge
Let the games begin
mbmbmbmbmb
MMEMEMEMEMMEMEME!!!
IN!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
falls into line

I'm in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
You know I love the players and you love the game
badge
Let the games begin
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrononauts ASSEMBLE!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hurd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new-ish here. In the interest of actually knowing what is happening, would you care to explain what this is? Is it is just an in-joke about the fact that #32 was skipped, or is there more to it than that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
Come together, together as one
badge
Perhaps in a perfect world, the ring would be a symbol of happiness
mbmb
How many chrononauts can you have? What if nobody's left to actually play the game...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jocelyn Hays
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
You are not two people. And you are not one person. You are an experience. Make sure you're a good experience.
mbmbmbmbmb
hybridfive wrote:
I'm new-ish here. In the interest of actually knowing what is happening, would you care to explain what this is? Is it is just an in-joke about the fact that #32 was skipped, or is there more to it than that?

We don't know yet. It's a deMo game so it's bound to be pretty crazy. His games are always a bit more on the advanced side with a lot of variant rules but i think they're all pretty fun. I would reccomend looking at choose your own boomerang for an idea of what might be to come. also boom someone else's role. If someone could link those that'd be super nice of you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jocelyn Hays
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rathstar wrote:
How many chrononauts can you have? What if nobody's left to actually play the game...?

well there's already like, what 3-4 signups for pbf #32 so yeah

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
hybridfive wrote:

32 was skipped, and I made a comment that 32 was going to have to be modded. But that it should be time travel themed. And Demo stepped up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Shhhh...
badge
I know. I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
DeMorcerf wrote:
NOTE:
[Chrononauts are enlisted based on a percentage of the forum population to leave their former lives for the protection of the greater good and thread history. Those who enlist here are thus unable to join other 2R1B: PBFs during their time of service. The duty of the Chrononauts is a very special and difficult one. It is not for the faint of heart or the weak. (If you sign up to be a Chrononaut, you cannot also sign-up in the PBF#32 thread; vice a versa.)]

The size of the Chrononauts force is dependent on Departmental funding from PBF post-taxes -- with a post-tax base of 18 players playing in PBF, the Chrononauts budget can support 6 active agents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal 2000
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do you always run your interesting games when i am busy will have to sit out and watch the whole game now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Shhhh...
badge
I know. I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Chrononauts are looking for the best and the brightest. Many will be monitored. Many will apply. But only those destined for service will graduate and become officers.

If your application to join is denied, you will stick in the active time stream.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to be a chrononaut ! Is there still room for one ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to join if there is room! Otherwise, sign me up for 32.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karafruit Villager-Thrower
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
please don't fluff my kiwifruits
mbmbmbmbmb
Yet again our choices are restricted by when we happen to be available and on BGG... lovely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
Come together, together as one
badge
Perhaps in a perfect world, the ring would be a symbol of happiness
mbmb
well, I'm the Chrononaughtiest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt C
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rathstar wrote:

NEW REGULATION!

* We will only take the best and brightest of Chrononaut Applicants. (i.e. four randomly chosen from all who signup)

* Any players who do not pass the test will be filtered back into the timestream. (i.e. added to PBF#32)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.