Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lee
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
-Going up? Sure.

-Hey, you look like the sort of fellow who might be interested in a game I've put together. It puts you at the head of a country's intelligence service, where you've got to manoeuvre your spies to influence your government so they take wise decisions, and at the same time influence other governments so they take rubbish decisions. You can also do a bunch of cool things like leak critical information, assassinate other spies, parachute in for a quick attack... Oh... this is your floor? - It's a bit like Dominion if you like that! -

*elevator doors close*

*A hand shoots in the gap between the almost closed doors*

-"Dominion?! Well, why didn't you say? Please continue, I actually live on the 10th floor..."

It's more than Dominion as deck building is only a part of the game. Deck strimming is involved, where you dump unwanted cards on the enemy. Where your spies are located dictates what kind of actions cards they can play, so there is a bit of worker placement in there too. Here's the best part, the abstract 4 paths victory tracks. You've maybe played games where you can have a military, cultural, science or economic victory, but wouldn't you rather that was just abstracted into four convenient tracks to move up? Think of this way, no more arduous rolling of dice for hapless military conflicts, no boring trading to make money, no wooden or plastic pieces to build a whimsical temple, and certainly no confusing technology tree to baffle everyone. Four simple 10 space tracks do the job here, first to the top of one track is the winner.

- Sounds great, what's it called?

- F$HSPIES?PWRPANIC!Z

- eh?

- Sorry, the original name had too many curse words which had to be cut to get past the publishing guys....

- fish spies what???

- Err.. This is my floor, enjoy the game, goodbye!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You haven't included any files, so the print and play-ness is missing.

I am intrigued though.

Also: That title is awful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lee
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Beg your pardon, files here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5qFp-woOQtdE5seEdyX2RmN1k...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. I'll take a peek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Gibson
Canada
Powell River
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:
Also: That title is awful.

Fish Pies? Power Panic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Strimming leads me through the Internet undergrowth to this http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/string_trimmer (contraction of "string trimming")... are sure this is what you meant??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lee
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hmm must be a UK word... The mechanic is that you can put some cards from your deck into other players' decks. A strimmer is something that cuts grass, so strimming means "cutting" - I realise this game already has one confusing name, so did not intend to add another.

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeLee8a wrote:
The mechanic is that you can put some cards from your deck into other players' decks.

So ... that would be like moving your grass to your opponent's lawn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lee
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
It's not like that at all! It's like influencing enemy governments with misinformation and intrigue. Nothing like gardening I promise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lee
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hello,

I finally had some time to put a video together of the basic structure of the game. In the link, I run through a round from somewhere in the middle of a two player game.

https://vimeo.com/101343606

I've been meaning to make this video for a long time so I'm happy to have it finally out there, but unfortunately my camera is really terrible. Hopefully it's not too upsetting to watch! The audio was dubbed on after so there's no background hiss.

Thanks,
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.