Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a small boardgame group that meets at my place on Saturdays, but I'm really looking for something mid-week to enjoy a few beers, and get my boardgaming fix after work.

I know there are several meetups like this up north around Plano, but I can't really do a 45 minute drive in heavy traffic after I get off work at around 6 or 7. I'd be lucky to get one game in. There's tons of gastro pubs and family Restaurants up and down Greenville and all around the Dallas area that seem like they'd work great.

I suppose I could organize one myself, but I'd be really surprised if there isn't already one setup somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dallas Games Marathon Library
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A While back some folks left a flyer at the DGM for a Wednesday Night Meetup that was closer to Downtown.

Next Time I am up at DGM I will see if I can find that. I do not know if it is still ongoing or not though.

Also you may want to search on Meetup.com there are more and more small groups popping up there monthly for boardgaming in the area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply!

I have checked meetup.com a few times, there's surprisingly little there for Dallas Proper. A few monthly meetups, most groups just say that they occasionally pay boardgames. Was hoping for something more steady like what you guys have going on at the DGM Thursday nights, or at the Mexican Restaurant.

I know there's a huge Boardgame culture in the area, but it seems that it's all out in the suburbs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McKenzie
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not find the flyer for the Wednesday group that was downtown. I have not heard back from anyone that it is still going on either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.