22 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: New Metal Coins option on Kickstarter (Among the Stars) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Explosive 6
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
If you just want the coins (not the game etc) then pledge the basic $2 level and add on the amount you need on top for the coins you want.

A large pack of 32x 1 with 16x 5 for $15
Or multiples of 10x any of the 1, 2, 3, 5, 10 for $5 each.

You'll get a survey when the kickstarter has finished asking what you want, just need to make sure you've backed with enough $ for what you are after.

Includes worldwide shipping as well by the looks of it. From reading the comments these aren't anodized but I think they are made by the same company that makes the ones Apreche (and others) use in his videos.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/magecompany/among-the-s...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, while interested in the game anyway, part of the reason I'm planning to back it was to use the coins for ANR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, I almost missed this and I'm a huge AtS fan! Thanks for letting me know. Those metal coins will be sweeeeet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
The game looks really good too! If only I had an extra $50-100

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the coins be available for purchase after the Kickstarter ends?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These look awesome...but how do you get just the coins? There is a lot going on on that KS page.

EDIT: It looks like you can pledge for "Just the extras" and then the coins...correct? So $2 + $5 per set of coins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
Man - if it weren't for the coloring I might use this to replace my team covenant credits - the purple 5's just seem too weird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually find the coloring to be nice, as the Minion metal tokens seem a bit harder to distinguish based on coloring alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Francis
United States
Portsmouth
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up. I got in for the coins only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bialecki
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok....I'm not entirely stupid, but can someone help me navigate through the muck of this Kickstarter page.

Under "Stretch Rewards" there are Metal Credits at $35,000 (reached) and Metal Credits #2 at $55,000 (reached). A $50 pledge gives you the game and all Stretch goals. Great. I'll spend a little more and buy the game just for the metal coins..... However, upon looking more closely, is it true that the two metal coin stretch goals simply unlock the ability for you to pay extra and purchase the coins from them!!?? Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bialecki
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mbialeck wrote:
Ok....I'm not entirely stupid, but can someone help me navigate through the muck of this Kickstarter page.

Under "Stretch Rewards" there are Metal Credits at $35,000 (reached) and Metal Credits #2 at $55,000 (reached). A $50 pledge gives you the game and all Stretch goals. Great. I'll spend a little more and buy the game just for the metal coins..... However, upon looking more closely, is it true that the two metal coin stretch goals simply unlock the ability for you to pay extra and purchase the coins from them!!?? Is this correct?

Ok. I see it now ALL THE WAY AT THE BOTTOM. "Extras." I don't know if they are intentionally being deceptive about how they advertise the Metal Credits stretch goals. It very much looks, at first glance, that they come free with the game if reached. Other than the little and vague statement, "You can now pre-order metal credits", it really seems like they would be free. It seems like it would be much more honest if that disclaimer on the stretch goal advert read, "you can now pre-order metal credits for an additional pledge." or something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the question is, now that I have pledged my $2 + $40 for credit sets, how do they know which ones I want? Will they ask later?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bialecki
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MavericK96 wrote:
So the question is, now that I have pledged my $2 + $40 for credit sets, how do they know which ones I want? Will they ask later?

As the time for shipping approaches, they'll send you a survey. You just have to make sure you've pledged enough to pay for what you ask on that survey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mbialeck wrote:
MavericK96 wrote:

As the time for shipping approaches, they'll send you a survey. You just have to make sure you've pledged enough to pay for what you ask on that survey.

Got it, thanks.

*checks math* $15 set + $25 for 1x 1c, 2x 2c and 2x 3c...seems right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bialecki
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DbZer0 wrote:
Damn, I almost missed this and I'm a huge AtS fan! Thanks for letting me know. Those metal coins will be sweeeeet.

The game looks to be a re-skinned 7 Wonders, which I don't mind. Do you know if the retail version is discounted in places like CoolstuffInc and MiniatureMarket?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
mbialeck wrote:
DbZer0 wrote:

The game looks to be a re-skinned 7 Wonders, which I don't mind. Do you know if the retail version is discounted in places like CoolstuffInc and MiniatureMarket?

It looks to use some of the same mechanics, but definitely not a reskin. There are quantifiable resources (energy) and geographic placement bonuses. 7 Wonders has neither of these major mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Captain_Frisk wrote:
Man - if it weren't for the coloring I might use this to replace my team covenant credits - the purple 5's just seem too weird.

My thoughts exactly. Though I think I could probably dye them pretty easily in more metallic colors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mbialeck wrote:
DbZer0 wrote:

Yes it will be, it's been picked up for distribution in the US later this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin White
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw these earlier and thought they were aces. I swear I've starred Among the Stars on Kickstarter at least three times and each one just so happens to end right when I have the least fungible assets. Plus, the waiting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.discountpokershop.com/clearance-300pc-gram-suited...

I use the mini poker chip set.

Red = Meat damage
Blue = Tagged
Green = Bad publicity
White = Advance
Black = Misc.

I pick whatever for the credits, ie if I'm playing corp, I can easily use red, blue, and black.

mbialeck wrote:

It is more if 7 Wonders and Suburbia had a kid. In space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:

mbialeck wrote:

It is more if 7 Wonders and Suburbia had a kid. In space.

Which sounds AMAZING.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't feel the theme in it as much as Suburbia, but it is a decent game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.