Fredo G
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In a gaming session I had yesterday we debated the interpretation of a few cards/evolutions.

MekaDragons Evolutions Breath of Doom and Mecha Blast are on the table.

Breath of Doom allows Meka Dragon to inflict 1 damage to all other monsters when attacking Tokyo.

And Meka Dragon can discard Mecha Blast to deal 2 extra damage.

Is that EXTRA DAMAGE dealt only to the monster in Tokyo or will it apply to all other Monsters as well?

My concern is that, there are a lot of other cards that state: "deal X extra damage" that you can buy, and it could be really powerfull if that applies to every damage to deal...

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Sauer
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My take would be that the extra damage is either to the monster you are attacking (meaning the one in Tokyo) or (possibly, depending on the exact wording of the cards) to one other monster of your choice that is receiving damage. I see no reason to assume that the extra damage is duplicated for every single monster you damage. I think it is a flat two extra damage, and that it can be applied ONCE to a single monster that you are dealing damage to. In fact, if you are playing with enough players that there are two monsters in Tokyo, I suspect that you would have to choose which one you wanted to apply the extra damage to, but I might well be wrong about that, if the intent is that it essentially adds two CLAW marks to your rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Williams
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
YEs agreed.
The two extra damage is for attacking Tokyo only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerardo Paz
msg tools
Slightly unrelated question

Mecha Dragon has targeting reticule that buffs his damage by 1 to the holder every time he does damage. If Mecha dragon attacks the player holding the reticule and then later buys a card that does damage to all players (ie fire breath) does the +1 happen on each attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredo G
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would say the damage happens to all mosnters all at once. So it should only do +1 one time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.