Hide
4 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » Rules

Subject: Iron Man question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brando O
msg tools
So I have a question about the Iron Man card that deals 3 damage when he takes damage. If I had 4 of his dice in the field and hit them with that beam card for one damage would every single iron man dice deal 3 damage for a total of twelve? Or is it just limited to 3? thank you in advance for any responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Johnson
United States
Beatrice
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off remember Iron Man has to be in the attack step to trigger his ability so Blockers have to be declared first before you get a chance to use Globals/Actions. After that Force Beam would trigger each Iron Man who then each gets to deal 3 damage to a target opposing character who was attacking or blocking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brando O
msg tools
Thank you for your response. I didn't have the card in front of me to see the "in the attack step" part) It does seem like that version of Iron man is really nasty, especially for a four cost character. Any suggestions on how to deal with an opponent using him a lot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Worth
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, there are no points or direct rewards for knocking characters out. The goal of the game is to damage the other player, not knock out characters.

In a lot of cases as the blocker its better for your characters to get knocked out. You get to roll them on your next turn so you will be returning them to the field, or have more energy to spend to on fielding other character or purchasing stronger characters.

in any case, if you are really concerned about any single character there's a Loki that prevents one specific character from being fielded and a Professor X who prevents any fielding without paying a Life penalty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.