Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Nunes
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know a link to view all the cards? I'm looking for actual images of the cards, not just a list.

I really didn't follow the hype of this game, but after seeing it in action, I think I will really enjoy it. I would really like to demo the game to my fiance, but don't have a copy of the game yet.

I would like to "proxy" the game with my Quarriors dice. I figure if I can find images of the cards, I can find similar dice of that color, and place the Quarrors cards underneath and reference those.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Search for images on ebay listings...that's what I did to cover the cards my gravity feed failed to supply me with.

But how are you going to proxy the dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin "Coop" Cooper
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Just Coop.
badge
What?
mbmbmbmbmb
WizKids has a pdf that might be helpful for this. It only covers a very basic demo like what they suggest as a learning game in the manual.

http://wizkidsgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/71298-Sta...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nunes
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okami31 wrote:
Search for images on ebay listings...that's what I did to cover the cards my gravity feed failed to supply me with.

But how are you going to proxy the dice?

That's a good idea. I plan to proxy dice by finding close color matches with existing Quarriors dice. I'll take the printed out Marvel Cards, and place Quarriors cards underneath, allowing the dice symbols to match up. It'll be a little slower, but worth it until more starter sets come out.

coopasonic wrote:
WizKids has a pdf that might be helpful for this. It only covers a very basic demo like what they suggest as a learning game in the manual.

http://wizkidsgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/71298-Sta...

Thanks for the link. So far, I've only found basic action cards on the site. I'll try your link next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
onibaku06 wrote:

Thanks for the link. So far, I've only found basic action cards on the site. I'll try your link next. [/q]

That link is just the basic cards. Considering that having the images of the cards makes chasing them useless (for casual play), I wouldn't expect WK to release them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Worth
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Skip to the bottom for my suggestion on the simplest way to do it

To play exactly will be difficult using only the Quarriors dice. In dice masters every character has 3 distinct sides and this is only true for a few of the creatures in Quarriors. So you may have to do a second roll (or coin flip) to determine the exact side. Or only use the quarrior dice to draw and then just roll a regular d6 instead.

Similarly for the sidekicks, they only have 1 character face and 5 distinct energy sides. So you can use the assistant dice but will have to further resolve your rolls to decide exactly what face you are on. Or you can use the quiddity dice (the 2 is the sidekick face) and either ignore the energy types or mark up your quiddity dice so that each face is unique.

Or you could use the assistant dice almost as they are. Ignore the energy types, character faces are sidekicks, and make the reroll an energy face (maybe worth 2).

If you are mostly looking to try the game rules then the simplest solution is
-no specific energy
-use quiddity as sidekick dice
-Deathdealer = Human Torch
-Dragon = Colossus
-Ghost = Gambit
-Goblin = Black Widow (Green Goblin stats don't really match at unfortunately)
-Use the values printed on the dice
-I'd set up like Quarriors with a common wilds and 5 dice on each card

I chose those dice because they have the most attack oriented values which I think is better for dice masters. But these dice also match values fairly well
-Defender of the Pale = Mr Fantastic
-Witching Hag = Ghost Rider or Green Goblin
-Warrior = Angel
and Ooze's ? marks seem to fit Mystique nicely.
And for even simpler don't use abilities. Then you don't need to print anything, just look at the cheapest purchasing cost for each character and a regular die to mark it on thequarriors card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nunes
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kworth wrote:
Skip to the bottom for my suggestion on the simplest way to do it

To play exactly will be difficult using only the Quarriors dice. In dice masters every character has 3 distinct sides and this is only true for a few of the creatures in Quarriors. So you may have to do a second roll (or coin flip) to determine the exact side. Or only use the quarrior dice to draw and then just roll a regular d6 instead.

Similarly for the sidekicks, they only have 1 character face and 5 distinct energy sides. So you can use the assistant dice but will have to further resolve your rolls to decide exactly what face you are on. Or you can use the quiddity dice (the 2 is the sidekick face) and either ignore the energy types or mark up your quiddity dice so that each face is unique.

Or you could use the assistant dice almost as they are. Ignore the energy types, character faces are sidekicks, and make the reroll an energy face (maybe worth 2).

If you are mostly looking to try the game rules then the simplest solution is
-no specific energy
-use quiddity as sidekick dice
-Deathdealer = Human Torch
-Dragon = Colossus
-Ghost = Gambit
-Goblin = Black Widow (Green Goblin stats don't really match at unfortunately)
-Use the values printed on the dice
-I'd set up like Quarriors with a common wilds and 5 dice on each card

I chose those dice because they have the most attack oriented values which I think is better for dice masters. But these dice also match values fairly well
-Defender of the Pale = Mr Fantastic
-Witching Hag = Ghost Rider or Green Goblin
-Warrior = Angel
and Ooze's ? marks seem to fit Mystique nicely.
And for even simpler don't use abilities. Then you don't need to print anything, just look at the cheapest purchasing cost for each character and a regular die to mark it on thequarriors card.

Thanks for the info. I'll take it all into consideration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.