Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh come on didn't we finally send him back to Virginia from whence he came??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
OH NO HE DINT.

It's going to be a bloodbath in here. Better hope Barb doesn't bring Gozer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
To save you Pennsylvanian's the Google:
http://www.cheapflights.com/flights-to-france/pennsylvania/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
TheChin! wrote:

Those flights seem to be round trip. Don't think that's what Pennsylvanians will be looking for.

Look at it this way, if we subsidize their ticket and they promise not to use the return leg, that is one less seat filled by a French person coming to the US! Double bonus!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
OK, one more shitty thing about Pennsylvania, their liquor and beer is controlled by a government monopoly. They've got a shitty public union involved with the liquor stores and they put out asinine commercials like this:

What is even shittier is that they are two different stores (or at least were in the 90s when I went to university there).

Oh, and they had Proposition 69 - which made it doubly illegal for under 21 year olds to drink. Needless to say, college students had a field day with the Prop number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Utrecht wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
OK, one more shitty thing about Pennsylvania, their liquor and beer is controlled by a government monopoly. They've got a shitty public union involved with the liquor stores and they put out asinine commercials like this:

What is even shittier is that they are two different stores (or at least were in the 90s when I went to university there).

Oh, and they had Proposition 69 - which made it doubly illegal for under 21 year olds to drink. Needless to say, college students had a field day with the Prop number.

Wine and spirits are subject to a government monopoly, with exceptions such as sales by wineries of their own product.

Beer is heavily regulated (e.g., bars can sell a six-pack, distributors can sell a case, no one may sell three six-packs), but not sold by the government.

Edited for typo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awww,here I was hoping you would post a picture of Corbett. That ass has tried to sell off every money-making aspect of the government to his friends while giving a handjob to local fracking companies(pro or con, he is giving them a stupid gooddeal). Thank God he is up for reelection soon, and his prospects aren't good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:

Don't know about Pennsylvania's monopoly but when Washington State got rid of its supposedly evil government run liquor stores the PRICE of alcohol went up about 40% AND the selection options went WAY down. Everybody carries the same mostly cheap/crappy stuff in larger volumes but almost nobody has the selection quality the old state run stores used to have.

AND the State lost out on millions in revenue that it now has to cut services due to lack of funding or raise taxes to provide.

So I miss my State run stores.

Just Sayin...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RSP: Bunch of Miserable Assholes

And I just posted here GODDAMIT

Gonna buy beer and play Company of Heroes online later. Who's with me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, nothing beats drive-thru liquor stores in the Southwest.
I'm just surprised they don't have them next door to the drive-thru sporting goods stores, for ammo and ski masks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If "access to alcohol" is the metric for these threads, how long until BJ starts one about Utah being worse than Pennsylvania?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What does that have to do with my post?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
I'm just surprised they don't have them next door to the drive-thru sporting goods stores, for ammo and ski masks.
The Columbia, MO landmark. I've been there. I got the strawberry-kiwi MD 20/20. It was in a freezer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:

2, or the original?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:

I thought it was going to be advertising for young girls to buy alcohol and drink away their problems. Very disappointing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
I found one with a drive thru! Schulenberg, TX.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
bbenston wrote:

2, or the original?

Have both.

Original is superior in many ways, although I'm willing to play the second.

(Original: better American/Brit voice acting. Better strategery. More choice in how you spend command points. German voices are standard-issue cartoony, though.)
(CoH2: Annoying Russian voice acting (they rant about SOVIET RUSSIA all the damn time), but way better German voices. Sweet maps and amazing single-player missions. Better variety of units. Really annoying grinding/leveling system -- almost a deal-breaker. Harder AI. I like the fact you only have to stand in a radius of control points in order to take them over.)

I'm trying to train my work buddy to be a better player. But the original is one of the greats and needs more people playing it, even now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

Don't know about Pennsylvania's monopoly but when Washington State got rid of its supposedly evil government run liquor stores the PRICE of alcohol went up about 40% AND the selection options went WAY down. Everybody carries the same mostly cheap/crappy stuff in larger volumes but almost nobody has the selection quality the old state run stores used to have.

AND the State lost out on millions in revenue that it now has to cut services due to lack of funding or raise taxes to provide.

Just Sayin...

My experience was similar; leaving my safe nanny state, it was easy to find Bud and Coors Light everywhere, but good beer and wine involved a lot of checking out every 2-bit liquor store for hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
If "access to alcohol" is the metric for these threads, how long until BJ starts one about Utah being worse than Pennsylvania?

I'm only critical of those states which I think can turn things around if done right. I don't think I'd waste my time on Utah.

True, a Tea Party-centric state legislature does pretty much suck out any hope of things turning around....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshBot wrote:
I got the strawberry-kiwi MD 20/20. It was in a freezer.

HOLY SHIT PARTY AT JOSH'S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
Jythier wrote:
bbenston wrote:

2, or the original?

Have both.

Original is superior in many ways, although I'm willing to play the second.

(Original: better American/Brit voice acting. Better strategery. More choice in how you spend command points. German voices are standard-issue cartoony, though.)
(CoH2: Annoying Russian voice acting (they rant about SOVIET RUSSIA all the damn time), but way better German voices. Sweet maps and amazing single-player missions. Better variety of units. Really annoying grinding/leveling system -- almost a deal-breaker. Harder AI. I like the fact you only have to stand in a radius of control points in order to take them over.)

I'm trying to train my work buddy to be a better player. But the original is one of the greats and needs more people playing it, even now.

You should train me to be a better player for COH. I don't have 2...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

Just Sayin...

This has nothing to do with free market vs state run.

Also the prices didn't go up much if at all.

Also there's much larger selection now than before.

It's still terrible just like it was because the state sin taxes the hell out of booze.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like it's up about 11% since the "privatization" happened.

"Part of the cost increase facing retailers, restaurants and consumers comes from the 10 percent fee on distributors and 17 percent fee on retailers created by I-1183. The new fees are in addition to an existing 20.5 percent sales tax and liter tax. I-1183 went into effect June 1, 2012.

Read more here: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2014/01/11/2770444/washington-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And the state is taking MORE money as a result.

http://seattletimes.com/html/opinion/2022611236_stevenstoneo...

Before privatization went into effect, the people of Washington were already paying the highest spirit taxes in the country. Now, state taxes and fees on spirits have skyrocketed to more than five times the national average.

Washington’s independent spirits retailers and craft distilleries, small-business engines of our economy, are being squeezed out of the market by this unreasonable tax structure.

Meanwhile, it has been a boon for the state’s coffers. In the first year of privatization, the state of Washington generated more than $500 million in taxes and fees from distilled spirits — $200 million more than it needs to recoup its losses from closing state liquor stores. All this new revenue has come on the backs of consumers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:

This has nothing to do with free market vs state run.

Also the prices didn't go up much if at all.

Also there's much larger selection now than before.

It's still terrible just like it was because the state sin taxes the hell out of booze.

Maybe on your side of the mountains you have enough "competition" to lower the prices but here the prices went up a LOT. I mean so much that I have had to cut my consumption down to less than a 1/3 of what it was and it isn't like I bought a lot to begin with. AND I cannot find 2 or 3 of my favorite things at ALL anymore.

And it has EVERYTHING to do with not being state run when it comes to prices. Before the State got its $8-10 per bottle in liquor "tax" out of price on the bottle and state run stores only did a small mark up above that to pay for the running the stores. Now the "Stores" which are out to make a profit, not just cover costs, mark up the price to what the prices used to be at the State Stores and THEN you get hit with a $6-8 per bottle TAX on top of it that now goes to the State.

So the bottle of Disaronno I used to walk out of the store with for ~$20 cash now costs me ~$30. I don't care that the price on the shelf still says $20, what I have to pull out of my pocket is $10 more than it was one week BEFORE the "new law" went into effect. And I am not willing to drink the swill that is cheaper. So I just do without. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.