Strat-O-Matic Baseball» Forums » Variants

Subject: Trailing Runner Advancing On Throw -- Solo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't been using the rule for advancing runners in the past, with so many other things to remember but wanted to start implementing it now that I've got a little more experience. That -5, though, prevented me from ever advancing the runner.

I understand the RL gamble is probably two-fold -- getting into a better scoring position and, possibly, another form of sacrifice to ensure the run scores -- but I couldn't bring myself to just run into an out.

This is what I came up with. If the throw on the lead runner is one through three, the ball is cut off and the trail runner is out. If the throw is within four (+/-) of the highest safe rating, the trail runner(s) advance.

No advance would be any other number that doesn't fall within the above spectra.

As an example, with a safe rating of 1-12, the trail runner would be out on a 1-3; would advance on 8-12 and 12-16 and would not advance on 4-7 or 17-20.

So far, it's worked out pretty well. You'd be surprised how many runners have been getting thrown out.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.