Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Judy Kats
United States
San Bruno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I bought this game two years ago from a store in Tennessee. I had only bought the base game at the time. I now want to see about getting expansions and packs for it. However when I went back to the store, I was told that not that many people play it anymore.

I moved to California and they don't even sell the expansions or decks anymore.

Should I put money into this? or should I consider expanding my other games. Like right now it is just me and my husband, we haven't really found other people who play it.

Since the game has been out for awhile, is it something they are going to be still making stuff for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...

There are the products, but not sure when the last was made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Picker
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Judy,

Still a great game and FFG continues to make expansions for the game. The game has seen some recent increase in player base due to the shows' success. I recently started playing about 9 months ago and picked up the all the deluxe expansions. I continue to learn the various strategies and rules that continue be developed and change the game.

We have a solid group of 4-5 players which try and play 1-2 month as we cycle through the LCG games. Each gaming community is different, but you can usually find players through the country. Good luck and Hodor on!

Bobby
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I reaaaaallly want to play this game, but have been able to find 0 people interested in it. Maybe it's just a Tennessee thing (that's where I am), but I've basically just written it off as something else I'll never get to play if I buy it. Sad really...

Edit: though it occurs to me that it might be a good one to get a group together to play via Skype or Google Hangout. I don't know how it plays, but both the Star Wars and Warhammer LCG's would be great for it, since each person can just operate his own play area. Not a lot of passing stuff back and forth. If someone were to put something like that together, I'd be all over it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Field
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there's no local scene it might be difficult to get value for money out of it. You could play on OCTGN, but that's not to everyone's taste.

I'm lucky to have a fairly active meta in my local shop, and a few friends that will play the odd casual session.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Breden
United States
Independence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the game years ago and never played it until recently. Now I've collected nearly all the cards, and I can put together 4-6 decks myself and give them to friends to play against. Everyone who I've played with has had a great time, and many of them have then gone out and bought their own copies. With the new mechanics of 'naval' and 'prized', I think the game will only continue to get deeper and more interesting. I'm only sorry I didn't start playing this sooner, so I think it is a great time to get into the game -- plus, soon you can try playing drafts if you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a really vibrant community of players in DC, if a little driving is ok. I don't know them, but I think there are also meetups/groups and tournaments in Atlanta.

I play with a great community in NYC. There are thriving communities of players across the country who play in the regional, national and world events. There's also a lot of players in Europe, and south america.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also try connecting with people on cardgamedb.com and agotcards.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pickman
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find gaming groups on meetup, and you can also search for other gamers on BGG. If there isn't much of a gaming community in your town, perhaps you and your husband can start one! (A bit ambitious, I know...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sekela
United States
Camp Lejeune
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I've seen/heard/read, there are active groups in both TN and CA.

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/forum/31-...

(There are a few CA groups mentioned here)

http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15045-atla...

(There's one guy from the TN area who you could reach out to and see if he knows where players are at).

I realize CA and TN are big states, so even a group within your state could be hours away, though! Cardgamedb used to have a "Member Map" which made it super easy to find players, but they had some probe with the program and took it down a few months ago

At any rate, good luck finding groups and people!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ach
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if you go on to Cardgamedb.com or agotcards.org and post that you are in CA then you should be able to find people who play in your area or tell you who does. I know that there are people who play in the San Francisco area, since a friend from DC just moved out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.