Kent Somerville
United States
Duvall
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I've only recently discovered Ghost Stories and my wife and I have been playing just the base game so far. I've read through various versions of the manual and all the FAQs I could find here and on the Repos site, the READ THIS FIRST thread in this forum, and other threads here as well, and either I'm as dense as a rock or it isn't spelled out well.

What I think I understand so far:
If I move to the Circle of Prayer, I activate it by placing/swapping a Tao token with the color of our choice onto it and immediately all the "hit points" for all ghosts of that color for all Taoists are reduced by one (but you still have to take an action to exorcise ghosts with one initial "hit point" to kill them). Assuming I am not the blue Taoist with the act-and-exorcise skill or that there is not a ghost(s) orthogonal to me, I myself cannot use that power on that turn.

Question:
How long, then, is that power present for the other Taoists? Until I move off of that tile? For the rest of the game until/unless we swap the Tao token out for another color by a Taoist moving to that tile? Other?

We have been playing the first rule (until I move off of the tile, allowing me, too, to have at least one crack at it on my next turn if a ghost(s) is orthogonal to me then) but I would like to finally get a confirmation of it here, before we get much further down the road. Life in this game would certainly be easier if the power lasts for the game (not requiring regular re-activating). :-)

Thanks In Advance,
Kent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary smith
United Kingdom
Salisbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The power lasts until it is changed to another colour or it is removed because the tile becomes haunted. It can be used by other Taoists on future turns.

Have fun gaming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Somerville
United States
Duvall
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick answer, Gary. That's good news, indeed. We might actually win one from time-to-time now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Williams
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If your actually winning, must be playing wrong
My girlfriend and I really like this game we play 2 toaist each. Took a break from it, got tired of getting slapped around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.