4 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Shortest game ever? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Furious Neutral
msg tools
mb
Beravor, Théodred and Eowyn try their hand at Journey Down the Anduin...

And it's a disaster.

The Brown Lands and the Hill Troll are in the staging area. I take a chance and send all three heroes on the quest (Will 7), but Necromancer's Pass (threat 3) is revealed and so my threat level goes up. Sauron befuddles me and I FORGET to travel to The Brown Lands. Cripes.

Next turn sees another Necromancer's Pass added to the staging area; again I fail to quest, and AGAIN I forget to travel to The Brown Lands!

My threat level has now rocketed, and a Marsh Adder enters the fray. Henamarth Riversong gets pummelled by the Hill Troll, that adds another five to my threat level.

Next turn I fail to quest again and Théodred feeds himself to the Hill Troll. My threat is now so high it's embarrassing.

Turn four and I have a threat of 48, a Hill Troll and Marsh Adder to fight, and six threat in the staging area. If I quest I won't have anyone to defend the attacks, and if I defend the attacks my threat is going to go over 50 anyway!

Two of The Galadhrim's Greeting cards were played, but to no avail.

So, four cruddy turns! Was that karma for having my first solid X-wing victory earlier in the day (Rebels: 60, Imperials: 0). Or was it the distraction of a family member watching a 1964 Doctor Who story? Or it could be I just suck at games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a cooperative game, so if you forget something important like traveling, there's no reason you can't correct that oversight later, especially if doing so doesn't change anything that would have happened later. In any case, even seasoned vets of this game forget things from time to time and get steamrolled, so just shuffle up and try again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Addison Fox
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
My shortest game ever was Hunt for Gollum; we revealed Old Wives' Tales during setup ("When Revealed: Discard 1 resource from each hero's resource pool, if able. Exhaust any hero that could not discard a resource from its pool.") which tapped down our entire teams, preventing us from questing at all in round one, raising our threat by something like eight right off the bat, which forced the four or so enemies we revealed to engage, and we only had maybe one defender between the two of us, which caused the undefended damage to just ruin our heroes. I don't remember if we survived the first round or if we scooped it up and tried again after combat, but that was just brutal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Patel
msg tools
The assault on osgiliath. Took a lovation in first turn and got powr of mordor that shuffled all locations into deck and nothing else came out other then enemies thet I blocked and won in turn 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.