Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game show boom of the early-to-mid 2000's featured lots of push-your-luck, big money shows...but only one was hosted by Danny Tanner. Contributing Flipsters Ben and Niki join us for a look at the 1 vs. 100 DVD game, a party game where one lucky player competes for huge stacks of DVD cash while everyone else tries to spoil it for them. Answering questions keeps you in the game while you try to outlast "The Mob" on your way up the ladder. Is it fun enough to keep playing until your inevitable defeat, or should you just take your pretend money and run? Much like any prime time game show, we'll drag the answer out over two commercial breaks...

http://tableflipsyou.blogspot.com/2014/05/episode-53-1-vs-10...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Metz
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your introductions are always insanely amusing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Dew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn. Thought I'd be first to listen and post. Loved hearing the Turners! Now I'm in the mood to host a TGIF night surprise My fav show for some reason was always Perfect Strangers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
STANDING TALL!!! ON THE WINGS OF MY DREAMS!!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rMVIZ4nuAfE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Dew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FlipTheTableChris wrote:
STANDING TALL!!! ON THE WINGS OF MY DREAMS!!!

http://nothingsgonnastopmenow.com

Um, was the link meant to bring one to an iPhone game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Used to be the Perfect Strangers flash game, maybe they took it down? Edited the post to a video instead...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Dew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FlipTheTableChris wrote:
Used to be the Perfect Strangers flash game, maybe they took it down? Edited the post to a video instead...

Figured that might have been what the link was going to point to the first time around. Instead, it lead to some website about some kind of new smartphone game called continue?9876543210.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news; it still works on a PC!!! It's flash-based, so all you'll see on iOS is the little banner ad below it. Still an awesome game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Briel
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Look over there! --------->
mbmbmbmbmb
That game is truly amazing. I feel like my life is more complete now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camron Wallace
United States
Beaumont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Going to listen tonight. So Excited!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Franklin
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to mention that not only do I own "Las Luchadoras Contra La Momia", but I have also watched and enjoyed it. Although I have not rated it on IMDB.

I don't have the Something Weird version though, I have the VCI Spanish-only release. I'm not sure that would increase anyone's enjoyment of it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugely enjoyable episode, that.

Though I prefer the British format of 1 vs 100 to the American, which instead of being a ladder, it was - at least for the UK version - was £1k for each eliminated member of the mob. Three dodges (Mob gets eliminated with you getting no money, you don't have to answer but your cash is halved) and one double (£2k per eliminated mob member). No chance of leaving early unless you eliminated the entire mob on that question, with some incentive to gamble that I forget. Randomly selected surviving member of the mob becomes the new One rather than splitting the winnings between the surviving mob (I think the UK version is closer to the original format, whereas the US version changed things round to make it more closely resemble Millionaire)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.