beto Suarez
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Here's a list that I've been working on with and is worthy of a try. It covers most threats that you face, have played 10 games and have yet to lose. It's a very quick, right out of the gate, type of list:

The Silver Widow

Beast - Mutate #666 3 Die
Black Widow - Tsarina 4 Die
Green Goblin - Goblin Lord 2 Die
Nova - Human Rocket 2 Die
Punisher - McRook 2 Die
Spider-Man - Wall-Crawler 2 Die
Silver Surfer - Sentinel 1 Die
Storm - African Princess 4 Die

Basic Actions:

Whichever 2 won't help your opponent (no global ability), you shouldn't need to buy these. Better off buying storms or beast.

The list works by bringing out Black widow as often as possible by outright buying two or using Silver Surfers Global ability to pump for the next turn.

To combat walls just pick up a Storm or Punisher and to defend you use Beast or sidekicks.

The other characters are interchangeable to cover all other threats that may arise.

Pretty simple

EDIT: added the die numbers you need to field each and the basic action card info
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
Silver Surfer is really a great character in this game. Glad to see him in some teams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lockwood
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks solid I'll give it a try actually! I like the synergy.

Since you can field up to 20 dice what numbers are you recommending per card?

These are my favorite types of threads not just deck ideas, but field tested deck ideas! What looks good on paper does not always play well in the field!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing a lot of games I have become less and less dependent on Beast 666. I know everyone uses em, but I'm finding ghost rider to be a better choice. Beast is almost a wasted die by the middle game, but ghost rider can be 5/5...good blocker, good attacker. Yeah he is more to field, but I found I was buying ghost rider more often than Beast 666. So I swapped out Beast 666.

Prior to my choice of Ghost rider I found the Beast that gives you life (and possible damages opponent on a burst) to be more effective. People were far less likely to attack if they thought they might take two damage because of beast than they were if they simply gave me a die for next turn.

Thats my field testing analysis. lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lockwood
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good stuff!

I wonder what basic actions this deck would bring?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beto Suarez
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I forgot to mention the dice, I'll upgrade the thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beto Suarez
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Maddest Hatter wrote:
After playing a lot of games I have become less and less dependent on Beast 666. I know everyone uses em, but I'm finding ghost rider to be a better choice. Beast is almost a wasted die by the middle game, but ghost rider can be 5/5...good blocker, good attacker. Yeah he is more to field, but I found I was buying ghost rider more often than Beast 666. So I swapped out Beast 666.

Prior to my choice of Ghost rider I found the Beast that gives you life (and possible damages opponent on a burst) to be more effective. People were far less likely to attack if they thought they might take two damage because of beast than they were if they simply gave me a die for next turn.

Thats my field testing analysis. lol

Reason I use beast is because I don't need him to attack, just to black, and when he does it makes it easier to take out widow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beto Suarez
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
StormbringerGT wrote:
Good stuff!

Pick the basic actions that won't help your opponent, I've yet to need any basic action die, rather pick up widow or storm for the cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lockwood
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rage1073 wrote:
StormbringerGT wrote:
Good stuff!

Pick the basic actions that won't help your opponent, I've yet to need any basic action die, rather pick up widow or storm for the cost.

I tried this today and it went very well. Forgot what one of my basic actions were but I used Gearing up for one and it worked wonders as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.