Subject: HMMMMMN???? Ghost Shape-Shifter question? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Koehn
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if you are Ghosts, and your opponent is Shape-Shifters, and you appropriately use "Make Contact" on a G.E.L.F, and then use it's power to bring out a Haunting, would you shuffle the G.E.L.F into your deck, or the Shape-Shifters deck? also what would happen to the "Make Contact" card?

Same question but this time with "the base is not enough"?(this one probably won't work because it's used before a base scores)

Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated.
Thanks in advance -Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lee
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
J might have a better answer, but typically my group doesn't allow a player's cards to enter another person's deck or discard. We would allow a person to take the Haunting, but the GELF gets shuffled back into the original owner's deck. Haven't gotten this scenario yet, so I can't say for sure.

In the case of "The Base is Not Enough," the GELF can be taken, but it can't use its talent because it's not on a Special timing. After the turn is over the GELF goes to the original owner's discard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Fair question.

There is no ruling on this situation specifically and the only thing the rules say about where to send cards is that if a card is discarded or returned it is returned to their owner so technically that particular situation is not covered.

However I would agree with David that the rules go to such lengths to prevent cards going to the wrong deck or discard that even though this is technically an edge case I still wouldn't allow the card to go to the wrong deck.

I would rule with David (though it is a house rule) that the Ghosts gets to search for the minion they want, Gelf is returned to the Shapeshifter's deck, and both players shuffle their decks. I would then discard Make Contact cause the minion it was played on is not longer in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.