Popular Tags: [View All]
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Surprise - it's a Sale!

We're looking to build up some extra funds for producing reprints and also to increase the print run on selected games (so they don't go out of print so quickly), so we've decided to launch a surprise one-week sale.

Details: Between now and midnight Pacific time next Friday (May 9th), you can make ONE ORDER with UP TO THREE IN-STOCK GMT GAMES, and get those games for 50% OFF the retail (or sale - the games on our Specials page DO qualify) price.

Note: this only applies to IN-STOCK games, and only games from GMT, not from the third-party companies (Consimpress, UGG, etc) that we rep on our website.

Coupon Code: When you place your order on our website (www.gmtgames.com) or with our office ladies (800-523-6111 or 559-583-1236 or via online chat from our website), use the following Coupon Code at Checkout to get your discount:

SS2014

Normal Shipping Costs apply.

I hope you guys can use this opportunity to pick up a few games that you've been wanting at a terrific price! Enjoy!

Chariots of Fire $20
Hoplite $37.50
Pensacola $17.50

(My shipping $19)

What you gonna get?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Went with the following:

Deluxe Twilight Struggle (since I have a hodgepodge version...)
3" box for Sekigahara
Combat Commander BP#6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In short, you get free shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uncle Potato
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great sale. Thanks for the tip. I bought:

Twilight Struggle Deluxe Edition
Commands and Colors: Ancients
Battle Line

I've wanted to try all three for quite a while now. After shipping, I saved about $25 over Amazon's prices with Prime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uncle Potato
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:

Depends what you buy. Half off my purchase was $73.50, with shipping at $21.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Castle
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
The one, the only, ...
badge
Keep calm and...MORE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, their "retail" prices are a bit inflated. Right about FLGS prices. Just slightly below OLGS prices once you factor in 50% off. I did several combinations of games (my shipping is $15) and each time came in just $5-10 below CoolStuffInc prices.

Not worth it for me since with CSI I'm getting closer and closer to max level
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik R.
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to get on that Sekigahara: The Unification of Japan, folks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nate_001 wrote:
matthean wrote:

Depends what you buy. Half off my purchase was $73.50, with shipping at $21.

Looking further at it, it really does depend. For s single game, it might not be worth it, but for two it is. Three games is kind of up in the air again. I still look at deals like this as a time to grab lesser known titles since you know their highly popular titles will get reprints shortly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guh. Missed Twilight Struggle and would absolutely have built an order around that.

Dominant Species and Space Empires 4X both still in stock at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Guh. Missed Twilight Struggle and would absolutely have built an order around that.

Dominant Species and Space Empires 4X both still in stock at the moment.

I'm still seeing it as in stock. Were you looking at the 2008 printing for $57? Or the 2012 reprint for $60?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you can use the deal on games that are already on sale, Hellenes is coming up $32.50 shipped for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whattheproblemis wrote:
I'm still seeing it as in stock. Were you looking at the 2008 printing for $57? Or the 2012 reprint for $60?

You're right Dave. Since their site search is teh suck all I was seeing was the 2008 $57 printing which is out of stock. (and it having the "Deluxe Board" in the component list only confused things further)

After calculating shipping though I find that there wouldn't be any real savings over CSI once I factor in my customer rewards discount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I live just several hours away from their California warehouse, shipping wasn't bad. Of course, I got relatively light weight stuff outside of Twilight Struggle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dusek
United States
Cypress
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
exar_DC wrote:
Well, their "retail" prices are a bit inflated. Right about FLGS prices. Just slightly below OLGS prices once you factor in 50% off. I did several combinations of games (my shipping is $15) and each time came in just $5-10 below CoolStuffInc prices.

Not worth it for me since with CSI I'm getting closer and closer to max level :)

I would tend to agree, however, I see that CSI didn't have any of the ones I wanted in stock. I was able to get Space Empires 4x, the expansion, and Twilight Struggle Deluxe for a little less than what CSI can offer. I think it is a good deal and I don't see any of them coming on the DotD for CSI anytime soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
storm_knight wrote:
think it is a good deal and I don't see any of them coming on the DotD for CSI anytime soon.

Clearly your talents are being wasted. Geekmail me some winning lottery numbers!

Kidding aside, the deal is indeed "good". Enjoy the games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Nicholson
United States
Leo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
C&C Ancients with 1st expansion + Combat Commander Europe for a friend of mine. Thanks for alerting me!

Shipping was about $22. So a little high, but still a better deal than CSI, MM, or amazon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Helton
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up!

I got Space Empires 4X & its expansion, plus A World at War, (the Advanced 3rd Reich/Empire of the Rising Sun combination!)

Shipping was only $16, (but being in "tax everything" California, I got hit with $18 tax). Still a great deal though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
markhelton wrote:
Thanks for the heads up!

I got Space Empires 4X & its expansion, plus A World at War, (the Advanced 3rd Reich/Empire of the Rising Sun combination!)

Shipping was only $16, (but being in "tax everything" California, I got hit with $18 tax). Still a great deal though!

They are based in CA, so by law they have to charge tax. It's not a state-specific policy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mesa
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
I've tried putting in the discount code (SS2014) and everything still rings up full price. What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
This is super tempting. Twilight Struggle, Space Empires + Expansion for $107 shipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Zehnal
United States
Granville
Ohio
flag msg tools
Raising money to end cancer because those with cancer have better things to do.
badge
I gotta get in shape. Too much sitting has ruined my body.
mbmbmb
Andy Mesa wrote:
I've tried putting in the discount code (SS2014) and everything still rings up full price. What am I missing?

The games will show full price, but the total will be 50% off. Hit update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Helton
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darksurtur wrote:
markhelton wrote:
Thanks for the heads up!

They are based in CA, so by law they have to charge tax. It's not a state-specific policy.

Yeah, but they don't miss ANY opportunity to tax us!
Sales tax @ 10%, plus property tax, income tax, car registration tax, hotel tax, gas tax.
(And those are just the obvious taxes!
If you build a house in California, they tax for: water, sewer, storm facilities, plus, schools & parks! And for police and fire protection.
Heck, I get taxed for having a septic tank, and they don't do anything for that except collect money.

California is WAY MORE greedy than Wall Street is portrayed!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I had heard that CA has very high taxes. I didn't realize they taxed their residents on so many different things. No wonder many are fleeing the state.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dusek
United States
Cypress
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blinko wrote:
Andy Mesa wrote:

The games will show full price, but the total will be 50% off. Hit update.

I got the same things and mine came out to $111. I guess it is only $3 $4 (I suck at math) from Arizona to Texas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Wisconsin Rapids
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very, very tempting since GMT puts out such great games. But since I still haven't played two of the games I picked up last time they did this sale and my cart I was looking at is only about $15 cheaper than just ordering from CSI, I think I'll be able to pass this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.