United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.raceintospace.org/

Sorry if this has already been mentioned/posted. I just found out about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Maynard
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it has but it was still a good idea to mention it so clearly.

In the Linked Forums section if you select videgame forums it links to Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space, the original computer implementation. Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space Race Into Space is the freeware version.

Also the first item in the Geeklists is the computer versions of boardgames geeklist.

Race Into Space is an excellent (and tough) game. It has a few differences to Liftoff. Firstly it is restricted to two players as opposed to four but uses historical (mostly) equipment from soviets for their part, different to the US equipment. Also it has the added element of astronaut skills. They don't add a lot but they can make a critical difference. There are also more components and more missions.

So I'm glad you highlighted this freeware version.

I'll also mention that Slitherine Games has a similar computer game in Beta inspired by BARIS called Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager.Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Yentzer
United States
Ocala
Florida
flag msg tools
Have the original software and it's manual. And have down loaded this program so it will play on my more recent PCs. I can only get to the moon before the Russians by going the direct route. Forgetting all the rendezvous and docking stuff. Thought it might be a fluke so I played it 3 more times won 2 out of the 3. Used the Gemini to do free return missions to the moon to gain Prestige Points. In all the games killed 4 to 6 Astronauts. Tried to Launch something every season. Fun game but it took me 3 full evening to get trough the game. I also played Liftoff, the board game numerous times solitaire never able to beat the Historical. Next play through will be to see how long, no time limit, it will take me to get a successful landing and safe return.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etien
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
BICYCLES FORWARD
badge
PELOTON
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragon66 wrote:
http://www.raceintospace.org/

Sorry if this has already been mentioned/posted. I just found out about it.

Is this the link that requires you to accept hidden cookies onto your hard drive to track Internet usage for "marketing" purposes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.