Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Grose
United States
Olmsted Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Extended Example a unit cannot retreat into a hex with a friendly unit that suffered a hit in the previous battle. However, I did not see this rule in the 7.6 rules section. Can someone clarify?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in 11.0 in the Game Turn 1 special rules "German units can only retreat into hexes containing friendly supply sources or other German units, and only then if the hexes are eligible for retreats and have suffered no Hits in earlier Soviet attacks. That is, once the Soviets inflict a Hit against a particular hex, German units in later combat that turn cannot retreat there."

Italicized portions were italicized in the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Sabin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Exactly. It applies only in the special case of the Germans on turn 1.

Phil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a similar question, if not the same question.
In the extended example play through, the attacked German units' only permissible retreat direction is theA6 hex from the B7 hex. the reason being that they already occupy a supply source. In the special rules, it states that the Germans can only retreat into hexes containing friendly supply sources.
My question is, if the a supply line can be drawn to hex B6 (Lipyanka) would that consider it to be a friendly supply source or does the fact that there is no German symbol in that hex restrict the units' movement because of the special first turn rule?

Sorry, this is my first wargame ever and I'm a bit confused with all the details. Nice game though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.