Hide
5 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: anti League Meta advice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
geoff smith
msg tools
My store league has mostly Bombers, ints with ties or BH, and YTs. I usually run either xxbb or xxxb but was wondering if there might be something better to counter this meta game? I've run blues with HLCs and rookie, blue, biggs, wedge +swarm and am breaking even with the field. Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'd try adding Ion Cannons to your B-wings instead of HLC, or running XXYY or a "Rebel swarm" with some combination of X-, B-, and A-wings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firstname Lastname
Singapore
flag msg tools
could try the ion route if you are sick of sheer firepower. TIEbombers are easier to land ion hits on, and so are YTs. If you manage to ionize the Firespray, you may also find it extremely easy to hide in its blind spots.

something like YYBB all with ions should do the trick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wilder

Daly City
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh ... run stuff with Expert Handling. Bombers, in particular, hate that. "Hey, where'd my TL go?!"

Specifically, although it makes my balls ache to suggest this, two YTs with Expert handling would dominate what you're describing. (In fact, it would probably kill Bombers in your meta ... )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
geoff smith
msg tools
Thanks for all the help. Sadly I own only one YT, perhaps I should pick up another. I was thinking along the lines of something I read in the sessions report about what Vorpal Sword had recommended to his friend - the two hwks with ions and the Blues with HLC's, but the "Blue Thunder" is having some difficulty with the high PS pilots I usually face, althought the ions would make up for that. One squad I faced had 5 bombers, another had three and two interceptors, I faced "Blue Bacca", and then on another table I saw Buzzsaw with three bombers, and a BH with 4 TIES. I do have the BBBAA build I've been flying at home in practice, but the "Cutting Edge" build I saw looks good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.