King of Tokyo» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Don't Bother Checking Under Your Bed - Boogie Woogie Isn't Hiding! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Suzanna
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4-player game, using King of Tokyo: Halloween and King of Tokyo: Promo Cards (which was awesome, because I had never gotten to see the promos before).

I got to play Boogie Woogie, who is my favorite, and whom I lost out on last time I played, because another guy had a mini-tantrum about it. I started strong, rolled a lot of energy early, and snatched up Monster Sidekick, who would resurrect me to full health, though with no victory points, if I were killed. NICE.

I was already in Tokyo, and once I had my sidekick, I figured I might as well stay a while. I could afford to take the risk early on. I meted out claws in my reign of terror, picking up victory points every round and wearing my opponents down not-so-gradually. Finally, when I was down to 4 health, I left the city so that I could roll some hearts and heal up some.

I didn't get to heal up as much as I would have liked, because by this point, other people had bought some good things too, and were able to deal out some fairly righteous damage. One guy had the Fire Breathing card that would hit the monster in Tokyo for however many claws he rolled, but also deal one damage to everyone outside Tokyo. Not cool.

In the meantime, I picked up the Jets card, which let me yield the city without taking damage. Verrrrry handy at this point in the game. Basically I could only be wounded outside the city. So I went in every chance I got. Finally, there were two of us left. I had 19 victory points and 2 health, and I was in the city. The other guy rolled the magic orange dice, and it took two rolls, but, well, it's a visual:

AND HE COULDN'T SCRATCH ME. I just strolled out of the city. Then it was my turn, and I had my Princess Costume card that gave me +1 victory point at the beginning of every turn, so... 20! I won! Such an amazing ending! This was by far the best King of Tokyo game I've played. Certainly it had the most dramatic ending!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.