Rugged Source
msg tools
Example one, I roll four dice:

1) Side Kick Mask
2) Green Goblin Double Bolt
3) Side Kick Shield
4) Side Kick Mask

I have a total of five energy BUT only 1 bolt dice of two. Can I use this double bolt to buy a (2) Ghost Rider and a (3) Green Goblin for a total of 5? Or does the Bolt dice have to be use only against one purchase? IE, using it to allow me to buy ONLY the Ghost Rider or Green Goblin.

Example two,

1) Side Kick Mask
2) Green Goblin Double Bolt
3) Side Kick Shield
4) Side Kick Mask

Again I have a total of 5 energy. I buy a (4) Hawkeye. Can I leave the 1 bolt in my pool from the double sided dice to use for a global later on? IE, purchase the (4) Hawkeye with the 3 other energy and take 1 from the double dice. Leaving a mystery 1 bolt in my pool?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes on both accounts. You can do this on double-icon energy dice, but you cannot do it with generic resource from an action die.

When you spend two resources from a double-icon energy die you move it to the reserve pile, or you flip to show only one icon if you only used one energy. This is what the rules mean when they say you can "partially spend energy" from a die.

Generic energy (showing the number 2) can't be flipped in this way, and its two resources can't be split among multiple purchases but the energy faces showing two icons can.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RuggedSource wrote:
Example one, I roll four dice:

1) Side Kick Mask
2) Green Goblin Double Bolt
3) Side Kick Shield
4) Side Kick Mask

I have a total of five energy BUT only 1 bolt dice of two. Can I use this double bolt to buy a (2) Ghost Rider and a (3) Green Goblin for a total of 5?


Yes, you can split them up because they are "bolt energy" rather than "generic energy".


RuggedSource wrote:
Or does the Bolt dice have to be use only against one purchase? IE, using it to allow me to buy ONLY the Ghost Rider or Green Goblin.


You can spend them on two different things, or even choose to spend only one and save the other one for later if you want.


RuggedSource wrote:
Example two,

1) Side Kick Mask
2) Green Goblin Double Bolt
3) Side Kick Shield
4) Side Kick Mask

Again I have a total of 5 energy. I buy a (4) Hawkeye. Can I leave the 1 bolt in my pool from the double sided dice to use for a global later on?

Yes, the three side kick dice would go to your used pile, while the Green Goblin Double Bolt would stay in your reserve pool BUT you would flip the die so that it shows only one bolt instead of two (since only one bolt is now available).

RuggedSource wrote:
IE, purchase the (4) Hawkeye with the 3 other energy and take 1 from the double dice. Leaving a mystery 1 bolt in my pool?

Yes, except its not a mystery - you flip the die to show only one bolt symbol left.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Sparrrrow
msg tools
mb
lordrahvin wrote:
Yes, you can split them up because they are "bolt energy" rather than "generic energy".

You can split generic energy, if you buy two things at once, but of course it has to be additional energy above the one needed (like bolt for GG, or anything except generic in case of base action dice). And you can always pay with generic energy for fielding, but using only one of two available results in wasting the other.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrr2D2 wrote:
lordrahvin wrote:
Yes, you can split them up because they are "bolt energy" rather than "generic energy".

You can split generic energy, if you buy two things at once, but of course it has to be additional energy above the one needed (like bolt for GG, or anything except generic in case of base action dice). And you can always pay with generic energy for fielding, but using only one of two available results in wasting the other.


I thought I had read you could use generic energy to make 2 purchases. Reading through made me question myself a bit.

To clarify, you can't use a 2 generic energy to pay for 2 separate fielding costs of 1, correct?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me, but I thought generic energy could be split up, the purchase just needs to be simultaneous. It just can't be rolled down like specific energy.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 7 of rulebook
Page 7 wrote:
This only applies to symbol dice and not dice that produce generic energy. For those dice, any unused portion that is not immediately spent is lost. However, you can purchase multiple dice simultaneously to spend a generic die completely.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I'm sorry I got this wrong. You can purchase two dice at once and split the generic energy die between them. You can also field characters simultaneously and distribute the generic energy between all the dice you are simultaneously fielding.

I apologize for the confusion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.