Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ioticus
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you allowed to end your first movement action in a friendly figure's space if you are using 2 move actions to move through the figure? I think you can since the rules say you can't end your movement in another figure's space, it doesn't say you can't end your move action in another figure's space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't stop in another figure's space. You can either take two consecutive move actions without stopping, or stop in an empty space before taking your second move action (or take a fatigue at any time to add a movement point). If you end your move action, you're ending your movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ioticus wrote:
Are you allowed to end your first movement action in a friendly figure's space if you are using 2 move actions to move through the figure? I think you can since the rules say you can't end your movement in another figure's space, it doesn't say you can't end your move action in another figure's space.

When you use your movement action, you gain movement points up to your speed value. As you said it yourself, the rules as written indicate, that you cannot end your movement (using those gained movement points) in a friendly figures space (emphasis on movement vs. move action). So the answer is no, you cant, for example stop on top of a friendly figure to perform another action.

In your case, if you use 2 move actions, you will gain 2 times your speed value. You dont have to take the 2nd move action after ending the 1st, so you could take the 2 move actions to gain enough movement points to pass through the friendly figure.

I suppose your case, is a situation where you move up to your speed, for example Syndrael moves 4 and theres a friendly figure on the way, that you will have to pass through, and you wish to move forward (so you need the 2nd move action), in this case you can use 2 move actions to gain 8 movement points and go through.

Sorry for the long explanation, I just think you had the conception between move actions and gaining movement points misiterpreted, hope this helps : )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ioticus
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still don't understand. Let's say I must move through a narrow hall and there is a friendly figure exactly 4 movement points away. Assuming my movement is 4, would I have to end my first move action 3 spaces away and adjacent to the friendly figure before I could take my second move action allowing me to pass through, thus limiting my movement to a total of 7 movement points? Or would I be able to take my second move action while I was temporarily in the friendly unit's space, thus allowing me to move 8 total spaces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Masterchief1 wrote:
ioticus wrote:

When you use your movement action, you gain movement points up to your speed value. As you said it yourself, the rules as written indicate, that you cannot end your movement (using those gained movement points) in a friendly figures space (emphasis on movement vs. move action). So the answer is no, you cant, for example stop on top of a friendly figure to perform another action.

In your case, if you use 2 move actions, you will gain 2 times your speed value. You dont have to take the 2nd move action after ending the 1st, so you could take the 2 move actions to gain enough movement points to pass through the friendly figure.

I suppose your case, is a situation where you move up to your speed, for example Syndrael moves 4 and theres a friendly figure on the way, that you will have to pass through, and you wish to move forward (so you need the 2nd move action), in this case you can use 2 move actions to gain 8 movement points and go through.

Sorry for the long explanation, I just think you had the conception between move actions and gaining movement points misiterpreted, hope this helps : )

Assuming the following scenario:
- You have a hero with speed four.
- You move along a hallway and two heroes block the spaces exactly four spaces away from you and you want to end up somewhere on the other side o f them.

The most effective and "safe" "spelled out" way to do it would be:
- Declare a move action to gain four movement points
- Move three spaces and interrupt your move on the space behind the two heroes. Now you have one movement point remaining
- Declare your second move action to add four movement points to your remaining one point.
- Move through your allies and beyond.

This way, if the overlord does anything that would end your move action (Trap) on the first three spaces only affects the first move action and you still can do something with your other action.
If you declared both move actions from the start, then anything that would end the move action would end both of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ioticus wrote:
I still don't understand. Let's say I must move through a narrow hall and there is a friendly figure exactly 4 movement points away. Assuming my movement is 4, would I have to end my first move action 3 spaces away and adjacent to the friendly figure before I could take my second move action allowing me to pass through, thus limiting my movement to a total of 7 movement points? Or would I be able to take my second move action while I was temporarily in the friendly unit's space, thus allowing me to move 8 total spaces?

When you take a move action, you will gain movement points, you can use these movement points for example to use 2 of them and then take another action (any action) and then use the rest of the movement points. You never end your movement action, you end your movement, when you have no movement points to spend.

In descent you dont have to move your full speed right away.

Rulebook p.8

Move: "When a hero player performs a move action, he receives a number of MOVEMENTPOINTS equal to his hero’s Speed. Moving into an adjacent space costs one movement point(with the exception of entering certain types of terrain; see “Terrain” on page 18). The player may choose to move fewer spaces than his hero’s Speed. A hero may also decide to perform two move actions consecutively, in which case the hero receives movement points equal to twice his Speed.

A hero performing a move action may interrupt his movement to perform
another action, such as attacking, and continue the rest of his movement
after resolving the other action. For example, a hero with a Speed of “4” could move two spaces, perform an attack, and then move two more
spaces after resolving the attack."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ioticus
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, thanks, I think I understand now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastien C
United States
Newark
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I thought you couldn't because of "Scamper" Ability that explicitly says you can move through heroes. Or you can do that anyway with friendly figures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
Riggs802 wrote:
I thought you couldn't because of "Scamper" Ability that explicitly says you can move through heroes. Or you can do that anyway with friendly figures?

Heroes can move through other heroes, monsters can move through other monsters. Scamper allows goblins, a monster, to move through heroes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastien C
United States
Newark
New Jersey
flag msg tools
RiderPestilence wrote:

Heroes can move through other heroes, monsters can move through other monsters. Scamper allows goblins, a monster, to move through heroes

Got it! thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.