Bert Water
Netherlands
flag msg tools
In the very first scenario three very strong trolls appear simultaneously. In a four player game there are numerous ways to handle this. But in a solo game, well, not so much.

Is this a serious scaling problem? Should I reduce the number of trolls for solo play? Or do I misunderstand this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb
Granted this one is though scenario, but solo-managable. You really want a deck with a VERY low threat level when soloing this scenario. This way you can first build up a lot a allies before the trolls attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not unfair at all with just one deck! Either do what Mixo does or build a deck that can pump out lots of dwarves quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Water
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I'm sure it's winnable given the proper deck, and I might have one laying about. However, I play the Hobbit scenario's with the period specific deck in the back of the manual. So my starting threat is "fixed" and I don't have a bunch of dwarfs as allies.

Perhaps I try to follow the story to closely where the trolls weren't attacked but stayed out and then turned to stone in the sun. I think I'll house-rule it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mighty Rauros
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bertje wrote:
Perhaps I try to follow the story to closely where the trolls weren't attacked but stayed out and then turned to stone in the sun.

That is what running out the encounter deck symbolizes, so some heavy questing might be what you're looking for!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.