Bert Water
Netherlands
flag msg tools
The cards are at an angle in the insert in the box. Personally I'd never store them that way, but that's the way the insert works.

Does anyone have experience with long term storage? Do the cards eventually bend?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Tan
Philippines
Quezon City
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If anything would cause the cards to bend, it would be the rulebook on top. Considering that you probably should get the revised rulebook online anyway, I ended up putting the physical rulebook inside the box, underneath the insert.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My cards have not bended.
First game in Sep. 2013. Added adventure pack 5 a few days ago.

I keep my box flat and store all cards in their repective compartments - except for the 104 cards (to date) we have removed from the game. I keep those in a zip Lock bag.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine haven't bent either
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In general, all of the cards are enough to support the rulebook, itself.

That being said, if you're adding in lots of extra stuff, such as the printed reference guide found here in the files, the character sheets from Paizo, the printed FAQ/Errata from Paizo, and a few more things, and if this causes the box to not close fully (there's a gap between the lid and the bottom when it's 'closed fully', then forcefully fully closing the box or placing something on top of the box (such as another set or six of other big games) that then compresses the box to close fully, that means the things inside that are on top of the cards are forcefully pushing down and possibly bending the cards.

If your box closes without any 'lifting' at the bottom of the lid, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. While the cards, individually, are not the strongest thing in the world, when you have a few hundred of them, they'll support quite a bit, so the rulebook isn't enough to cause them to bend on its own.

Do keep in mind, though, that temperature and humidity do play a part as well. If you live in a very humid climate, dampness in the air can be absorbed into the cards and may cause warping all on its own.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
firedale2002 wrote:
In general, all of the cards are enough to support the rulebook, itself.

That being said, if you're adding in lots of extra stuff, such as the printed reference guide found here in the files, the character sheets from Paizo, the printed FAQ/Errata from Paizo, and a few more things, and if this causes the box to not close fully (there's a gap between the lid and the bottom when it's 'closed fully', then forcefully fully closing the box or placing something on top of the box (such as another set or six of other big games) that then compresses the box to close fully, that means the things inside that are on top of the cards are forcefully pushing down and possibly bending the cards.

If your box closes without any 'lifting' at the bottom of the lid, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. While the cards, individually, are not the strongest thing in the world, when you have a few hundred of them, they'll support quite a bit, so the rulebook isn't enough to cause them to bend on its own.

Do keep in mind, though, that temperature and humidity do play a part as well. If you live in a very humid climate, dampness in the air can be absorbed into the cards and may cause warping all on its own.
On the other hand: with only 1 Adventure Pack I found that my Henchmen and Villain cards were deforming quite badly as a result (IMO) of there not being enough of them in their section to make them stiff. Whether it was their own weight, or the weight of the rule book, I don't know, but they developed a distinct warping. The warp was along the diagonal, not along one of axes of symmetry. Which is odd.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
firedale2002 wrote:
In general, all of the cards are enough to support the rulebook, itself.

That being said, if you're adding in lots of extra stuff, such as the printed reference guide found here in the files, the character sheets from Paizo, the printed FAQ/Errata from Paizo, and a few more things, and if this causes the box to not close fully (there's a gap between the lid and the bottom when it's 'closed fully', then forcefully fully closing the box or placing something on top of the box (such as another set or six of other big games) that then compresses the box to close fully, that means the things inside that are on top of the cards are forcefully pushing down and possibly bending the cards.

If your box closes without any 'lifting' at the bottom of the lid, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. While the cards, individually, are not the strongest thing in the world, when you have a few hundred of them, they'll support quite a bit, so the rulebook isn't enough to cause them to bend on its own.

Do keep in mind, though, that temperature and humidity do play a part as well. If you live in a very humid climate, dampness in the air can be absorbed into the cards and may cause warping all on its own.
On the other hand: with only 1 Adventure Pack I found that my Henchmen and Villain cards were deforming quite badly as a result (IMO) of there not being enough of them in their section to make them stiff. Whether it was their own weight, or the weight of the rule book, I don't know, but they developed a distinct warping. The warp was along the diagonal, not along one of axes of symmetry. Which is odd.
It sounds like either heat or moisture deformity, since it wasn't along the actual axis at which they should have been bending at. They should have been bending along the middle of the longest side, so yes, very odd that they'd be warping diagonally.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So long as they all bend the same way, no problem eh!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hanson
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
Visit www.SkyFortressGames.com to see my games!
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
No problem with the cards. They are meant to be snug with all the expansions to keep them in place. For the base game they may shift out if stored in a non-horizontal position. One of the best inserts. Well thought out and proper places for everything.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Water
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Thanks for the advice. I have a lot of extra stuff so I'll just store that separately. I noticed the price on Amazon has gone up to over 200$ so I suppose I need to be extra careful with my set
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Franklin1742 wrote:
Bertje wrote:
Thanks for the advice. I have a lot of extra stuff so I'll just store that separately. I noticed the price on Amazon has gone up to over 200$ so I suppose I need to be extra careful with my set


$200 doesn't sound right. Really?

That is too little!
at Amazon UK you will have to pay £166 for new one ( =$280)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Prices may drop in three months time, when we have all played the final chapter...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Franklin1742 wrote:
What you are quoting is not the 'price'. The official price is the MRP, set by the publisher.
Maybe in USA.
We don't allow price fixing in EU
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
Franklin1742 wrote:
What you are quoting is not the 'price'. The official price is the MRP, set by the publisher.
Maybe in USA.
We don't allow price fixing in EU
True, but we do have MRP and it works the same way here as in US: it's a guide (recommended) price there's nothing stopping anyone going above or below that price as they see fit. In both markets I believe it gives a (deliberately inflated) price to compare discounts against and that's about it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.