Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I confess I approached this game with some trepidation. I always liked the idea, but the comments were mixed, and I was concerned about the chaos cards. In practice, they worked fine.

Buying a card takes money out of the game, and using a card can be expensive for the user. 5 points makes a big difference!

In our game, I won with 31, the next two people were at 28. One of them had used a 4 gold card to force someone else to hand out his cards when cutting and running. A brutal nasty trick, so punishing in fact that I feared it would put people off the game entirely - the victim proclaimed 'but what's the point?' In practice it probably also cost the person who played the card the game. (4 more gold and he would have won). Play cards at your own risk!

At 30 mins for 6 people (first play), game length felt right. A quick blast of rowdy slightly chaotic but still tactical fun, which didn't outstay it's welcome.

It went down far better than the more widely praised Bang! The dice game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dread Curse is a lot of fun. I am looking forward to upgrading the coins and adding the role cards when they are ready for purchase...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.