Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, thanks to Tombobbill for the quick look at the contents.

Wound up ordering mine direct and it arrived today (yay). In a similar vein to the threads I did for Breakin' Atmo, I'll go over the contents of this expansion. I might be a little more lapse on the formatting this time as it's no longer a lazy holiday period, i.e. don't expect colour-coding, and I probably won't type up the story cards unless I find time.

Overall, it looks like a great purchase with a lot of cool things thrown in; either spicing up the base game or bringing whole ways to play. It's perhaps a touch pricey for what the box contains, but if you love the base game, you should enjoy this and I'm sure it adds a ton of replayability.

So...

LEADERS

Jubal Early - Bounty Hunter
Pilot
1 Fight, 1 Tech, 1 Negotiate
+ 2 Fight when Attacking in SHOWDOWN
May Carry 2 Gear

Sash - Pirate
2 Negotiate, 1 Tech
When you complete a Piracy Job, steal $500 from the targeted Rival
HACKING RIG

SHIPS

Interceptor
Echelon LR-8 Drive Core. Range 8. No Fuel required to initiate Full Burn. Cannot be replaced.
Cargo Hold 4, Crew 4, Upgrade Slots 2
- May re-roll Tech Boarding Tests
- Each installed Ship Upgrade reduces the Drive Core Range by 1

S.S. Walden
Tri-Capissen 28HD. Range 4. Immune to Heavy Load. (Note: Not the model that falls right out of the sky)
Cargo Hold 15, Crew 6, Upgrade Slots 3
- Completed Piracy Jobs also count as Salvage Ops

BOUNTIES
Besides bounties for all 17 known Wanted Crew (including those in Breakin' Atmo) there are 3 Cortex Alerts for the following:
- Bandits (Triumph, Heinlein)
- Enforcers (Londinium, White Sun)
- Scrappers (Osiris, White Sun)
All are identical in cost and showdown results. Only the drop-off locations differ, as mentioned above.

As for the character-specific ones. Besides the types of crimes wanted for, they differ in a few ways:
Payout - River being the highest, Simon and a few others being the lowest.
Showdown results - A few of the tougher characters like Jayne and Zoe will kill 2 instead of 1 of the Attacker's Crew, only Simon doesn't kill anyone back.
Morality - Capturing Simon, River and a few others is considered Immoral (keep in mind that all of your Moral Crew members will earn two Disgruntled tokens if you both turn on the Wanted person while they're in your Crew and hand them in)

JOBS
Every single new job is Piracy. Each contact has a unique type, but all 5 are identical within their decks and are of subjective morality. Usual boarding tests, showdown rules and stash protection apply, so I will only write up the names, legality, results and the payouts.

The rules don't clarify who chooses the Killed Crew in a failed Showdown so I'd assume the Attacker does. But it would make for an interesting house rule if the Defender does...

Amnon Duul
Contract Jumping
Target: Any Rival
Illegal
WIN: Steal up to 3 of Defender's Inactive Jobs. Attacker must discard down to Job hand limit as normal.
LOSE: Warrant Issued.
$800 per Job Stolen.

Badger
Pilfer, Purloin and Plunder
Illegal
Target: Any Rival
WIN: Steal up to 6 of Defender's Goods.
LOSE: Kill 1 of Attacker's Crew. Warrant Issued.
$200 per Goods Stolen.

Harken
Alliance Commission
Legal
Target: Rival Outlaw Ship
WIN: Steal up to 4 of Defender's Goods.
LOSE: Kill 1 of Attacker's Crew. Attempt Botched.
$200 per Goods Stolen

Niska
A Message From Niska
Illegal
Target: Rival Not Solid With Niska
WIN: Steal up to ALL Defender's Goods.
$200 per Goods Stolen.

Patience
Hard Rustlin'
Illegal
Target: Rival With No Active Patience Jobs
WIN: Steal up to 5 of Defender's Goods.
$200 per Goods Stolen.

SUPPLIES
Note: this expansion adds not 5 but 6 new cards to each supply planet.

OSIRIS SHIPWORKS

Agent McGinnis $0 (Alliance Official from Ariel)
Lawman
1 Tech, 1 Negotiate
Fed: Whenever you lose a SHOWDOWN - Warrant Issued to Rival.
Bounty Bonus +$500
Will not work Illegal Jobs

Electronic Defense Suite (2) $800
Ship Upgrade (picture from Interceptor, clearly ideal upgrade for Early)
Rivals boarding your ship may not use Tech Skill for Boarding Tests
Spend 1 Fuel to Evade Reaver Cutter. Ignore the effects of either the Reaver Cutter Nav Card or Contact Event.

The Guardian $300 (bodyguard with Inara's female client)
Medic, Soldier
1 Fight, 1 Tech
Security Pro: May re-roll SHOWDOWN Tests.

Alliance Sonic Rifle (2) $800
Rivals using Fight Skill in SHOWDOWNS must follow Kosherized Rules.

PERSEPHONE

Booby Traps (2) $600 (as in, Reaver one from Bushwhacked)
Ship Upgrade
-2 to Rival's Tech Boarding Tests.
If Rival rolls a 1 when Boarding your ship, 1 of their Crew is Killed (I assume this also applies to a Negotiate Boarding Test?)
Discard to count as EXPLOSIVES.

Cryo Stasis Unit $600 (River included for display purposes only)
Ship Upgrade
Rivals may not Jump your Bounties
1 Crew aboard ship may ignore Alliance Wanted Crew Rolls.

Dobson's Vector Pistol $600
1 Fight, FIREARM
May be used in Kosherized Fights.
Does not count towards Gear Limit.

Dobson $0
Lawman
1 Fight, 1 Tech
Mole: In Alliance Space, you may move Alliance Cruiser to your Sector as a Fly Action.
Bounty Bonus +$500
Will not work Illegal Jobs.

Scan-Proof Shades $1000 (Simon's villainous-looking specs)
1 Negotiate, FANCY DUDS
Crew carrying Scan-Proof Shades may ignore Alliance Wanted Crew Rolls

REGINA

Bandit (2) $200
Merc, Wanted
2 Fight
Bird-Doggin': When you complete a Piracy Job, steal $200 from the targeted Rival.

Deputy $0 (woman working with Sheriff Bourne in The Train Job)
Moral, Lawman
1 Negotiate
Posse: +1 Fight in SHOWDOWN
Bounty Bonus +$500

Mag-Grappler Launchers $800
Ship Upgrade
+3 Tech for Boarding Tests
After all Salvage Ops, Roll a Tech Test:
1-7: Nothing Shiny
8+: Take 1 Ship Upgrade from any discard pile.

"Sash's" Hand Cannon $800
1 Fight, 1 Negotiate, FIREARM
Before rolling SHOWDOWN Test, Disgruntle Rival's Leader.

Sheriff Bourne $0
Moral, Lawman
2 Negotiate
Jurisdiction: +2 Fight for all Tests while in Border Space.
Bounty Bonus +$500

SILVERHOLD

Bandit (2) $200
Merc, Wanted
2 Fight
Bird-Doggin': When you complete a Piracy Job, steal $200 from the targeted Rival.

Chari $200 (traitor from Heart of Gold)
Grifter
2 Negotiate
Turncoat: In a SHOWDOWN, you may force a Rival to re-roll

"Friendly" Game of Cards $0
GAMBLING
Discard to Use: Pay Bank $300
Name a Suit. Flip over 3 Misbehave Cards. Take $500 and remove 1 Disgruntled token for each card that matches the named suit.

Fed Marshall $0 (sonic rifle-wielder in Ariel_
Lawman
1 Fight
Posse: +1 Fight in SHOWDOWN
Bounty Bonus +$500

Meadows $0 (Most devoted Jayne worshipper)
Moral
Hero Worship: Any time a Crew is Killed, Apprehended, or Seized by the Alliance, you may Kill Meadows instead.

SPACE BAZAAR

EVA Suit (2) $600
Ship Upgrade
+1 Tech for Boarding Tests
+1 Cargo from Salvage Ops
1 Crew aboard ship may ignore Alliance Wanted Crew rolls

Dalin $200 (Niska underling who spots Serenity in War Stories)
Wanted
1 Tech, 1 Negotiate
Intel Broker: Once per Work Action, you may pay $200 to discard and re-draw a Misbehave Card.

Early's Combat Armor $1000
1 Fight, 1 Tech
If Crew carrying Armor is Killed, roll:
1-3: Crew is Killed
4-6: Crew is Not Killed. (Nor do they return to the ship!)

Early's Datascope $1000
HACKING RIG
As a Work Action, you may reveal the top 3 cards for your current location's Supply Deck and place them all in the discard pile.

Early's Pistol $600
1 Fight, FIREARM.
+2 Fight in SHOWDOWN

And there we have it! Just let me know if you think I've missed off anything. Though note that there are more Crew without profession keywords (e.g. Dalin) as well as Crew and Gear without skill points (e.g. Meadows, Sonic Rifle)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arrrh Gregg,

Thanks muchly for this, as I don't have the game yet. You've answered some questions I had from reading the rules (see my own thread). I also appreciate your identifying some crew with their TV episode. I'm glad they had more characters to use. We're still waiting for "Guy Selling 'Good Dogs'")!

Dobson is REALLY INTERESTING, isn't he? Imagine using him to discourage others from boarding you with him in your crew, or paying them back for doing so by summoning the Alliance Cruiser! Mwa ha ha! If boarding a ship with him on their crew, you'd try to save an action to fly into Border Space...

You've raised a good question about who decides on the casualty taken during a Showdown. Its usually the owning active player when he takes a casualty who chooses his own, so I'd guess its still "the defender."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Awesome stuff! Two questions:

1) Who are the targets for Amnon Duul, Niska, and Patience? Is it "Any Rival" like Badger or are there specifics?

2) Who the heck is Dalin?!?

Thanks so much for this! Now that I know the contents, I can rest until I get my copy.

On the "down-side" this will require revamping for my customs, since at least 3-4 of them are included here. I never thought they'd do Simon's Glasses because the "power" shows up only in the comics!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Good question! Forgot to check those. They are as follows:
Amnon Duul - Any Rival
Badger - Any Rival
Harken - Rival Outlaw Ship
Niska - Rival Not Solid With Niska
Patience - Rival With No Active Patience Jobs

2. I've since looked into a couple I was unsure about.

Dalin - Niska's underling who alerts him to Serenity's presence at the start of War Stories

Bandits - various. Some from Our Mrs. Reynolds. Others on horseback from Heart of Gold and possibly elsewhere?

Deputy - the woman working with Sheriff Bourne in The Train Job.

Fed Marshall - Alliance soldier with the sonic rifle in Ariel.

I've added all those extra details into the original post, with a bit more info on Bounties. So, short of typing up all of those and the story cards, that covers pretty much everything.

p.s. never assume something's overlooked because it's in the comics. Zoe is a Dust Devil after all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
arrrh Gregg,

Dobson is REALLY INTERESTING, isn't he? Imagine using him to discourage others from boarding you with him in your crew, or paying them back for doing so by summoning the Alliance Cruiser! Mwa ha ha! If boarding a ship with him on their crew, you'd try to save an action to fly into Border Space...

Heh, cool emote.

As for Dobson. Yes, that's an interesting use that occurred to me. Based on the show-inspired angle also, I assume he's handy for getting certain fugitives to the Command Cruiser speedily...provided someone doesn't scramble his wave

Also, you'd have to have the Rival Ship land in your sector in order to perform the Piracy Job and be able to fly away after. Not impossible if you know where they'll be looking for supplies or completing a job, but it seems a definite design decision to address the balance somewhat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arrrh This emote is more or less my signature on Firefly boards.

That Electronics Defense Suite is really sweet! Does this mean to board you'd have to roll a natural 6?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume so. Though, you'd be better served going the Negotiate approach in that event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Rhys
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re. The Dobson cruiser summoning ability being a deterrent, I'd wondered about the potential for long cycles of piracy/re-piracy and apprehending/jumping. Since the majority of the time the attacker will have to wait till their next turn to Fly, the rival they just took stuff off can try and get it back immediately, potentially ad infinitum. Things like Sash's hand cannon, Dobson, and the fact that the previous victim would probably now be too weak to mount a counter-Showdown act to prevent this cycle, I guess, has anyone had a chance to play yet and see how it balances?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dev Loxly
msg tools
If I had a question it would be: Does The Interceptor have a list price?

I'm guessing 8300 or so.

Thanks for the info about everything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey, Gregg... If you don't mind, a question about the story cards. For two of them, Tom notes in his unboxing thread, "After taking job cards, all piracy jobs go on the discard pile."

What does that mean?

Does that mean that 1) the initial jobs given out during set-up do not include Piracy cards, but that all 25 piracy cards are moved to the appropriate discard piles (making them pretty easy to pick up)? or 2) that any player has been dealt a Piracy job during set-up must discard it? (Related question: If so, are they allowed to re-draw, or they just have a smaller pool of starting jobs to choose from?)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Posting from my phone so this is an inelegant reply to both questions.

The Interceptor's list price is actually slightly less than that of a Firefly, being $7500.

Both story cards that mention Piracy Jobs during Set Up say as follows:

After taking starting Jobs, pull all remaining Piracy Jobs from the Contact Decks and place them in their discard piles. Reshuffle the Contact Decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification.

That has huge ramifications on play, because they're always there for the taking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did always suspect there'd be a way of finding those jobs more easily or that a story card would bring them to the fore. This is a very straightforward way of doing that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was trying to arrange a game with the expansion this weekend, but that's not happening. Now I have some free time though, I've got a fair few observations/thoughts/concerns.

Agent McGinnis
Whenever you lose a SHOWDOWN - Warrant Issued to Rival - I get that this is perhaps geared more towards doing Piracy Jobs for Harken (as they're the only Legal ones), but how does it work if that player is Attacked by someone else?

For example, if someone targets that Crew with a Niska Piracy Job and wins the showdown, where does the Warrant come in?
- Does the 'win' actually cause the Job to fail immediately? Meaning that, effectively, McGinnis makes a ship he is on 'piracy-proof'.
- Or does everything progress as normal, with the goods getting stolen and the Job completed, except that the Attacker is now carrying a Warrant around afterwards?
- Would Niska's 'Pound of Flesh' come into effect?

Those are some quite crucial things to know.

Electronic Defense Suite

I'm slightly confused about the latter part, so I'll share what I'm thinking because either I've missed something or the ramifications are definitely worth discussing.
- Spend 1 Fuel to Evade Reaver Cutter. - This part appears straightforward. Basically, you can Crazy Ivan without a need for a Pilot and Mechanic.

- Ignore the effects of either the Reaver Cutter Nav Card... - Again, sounds straightforward. Is the 'Move Ship' part considered an effect but the Reshuffle Deck isn't? That might seem obvious except the last part confuses things...

- ...or Contact Event. - Is it saying that you are almost completely immune to the Reavers? If you don't have fuel (will probably be more common in games involving Piracy or the Interceptor) or perhaps want to remain in the same sector by choice, you still don't have to fight off the Reavers/lose any Crew?
If so, the only detrimental thing the Cutter can really do is prevent you from moving into a Sector beforehand.

So, for $800 (or $400 if Corbin!) you would get the following:
- No need for a pilot and mechanic to Crazy Ivan.
- If the Reavers are ever in the same sector during the start of your turn (or if the 'Move Ship' part of the Nav Card doesn't count as an ignored effect), you can actually choose not to spend that fuel, remain there and suffer no consequences.

That doesn't sound quite right to me...

Booby Traps
If Rival rolls a 1 when Boarding your ship, 1 of their Crew is Killed. - Though it seems more related to Tech, even if the Attacker Negotiates their way aboard with a roll of 1, I guess this still triggers. Would you agree?

Thematically, in this instance, I guess a Negotiate boarding would be like those moments in films where the bodyguard inside an apartment looks out through the peephole and sees what they assume is a friendly face, who convinces them to open up. Except the friendly face turns violent or another attacker was lurking out of sight and immediately barges in once the door is opened. Only, this time, there's a trap that gets them...

Bandit
When you complete a Piracy Job, steal $200 from the targeted Rival. - Definitely a great Crew member for a pirate crew, since they should usually pay their own wage. I'm assuming, like the Big Damn Hero promos, that these stack rather than operating like Profession-Specific Job Bonuses.

Mag-Grappler Launchers
Definitely a useful upgrade for the S.S. Walden since Piracy Jobs also count as Salvage Ops. You'll most likely want the in-episode Crew as well, for the extra Tech Skill Points and other bonuses.

"Sash's" Hand Cannon
Before rolling SHOWDOWN Test, Disgruntle Rival's Leader.
A very handy item if another pirate attacks you and then you have the chance to retaliate, since the second Disgruntled would mean the other Leader fires all their Crew. With some planning you might do well actually letting someone come and attack you first. Otherwise, like Agent McGinnis and Dobbs, it serves as a decent piracy-deterrent.

Dalin
Once per Work Action, you may pay $200 to discard and re-draw a Misbehave Card.
So you could pay $200 to avoid the Reavers or Hands of Blue? Nice! Is the deck not reshuffled either?

Early's Datascope
As a Work Action, you may reveal the top 3 cards for your current location's Supply Deck and place them all in the discard pile.
Another item that seems designed for one thing (getting to bounties in supply planet decks) but could also be quite handy when shopping for specific items. In fact, since capturing bounties also takes a Work Action, it actually works 'better' for shopping.

So, yeah, it's cool to see the possible applications of a lot of the new items but there are quite a few key points that I think need some clarification, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arrrh Good points! Yes, since I assume these have all been playtested, one can only conclude that they want to keep the rules tight and yet not issue an FAQ right away--although they should have, as far as I'm concerned.

I've only played with Breakin' Atmo once, but one wonders what the ramifications are of having both expansions for the card decks. For example, this new 'Gambling: Friendly Game of Cards' is completely different from the BA 'Gambling: Tall Playing Cards' (which is also on a different world; Space Bazaar). Are more significant changes being made in terms of what kinds of crew/items are generally available on what planets, as the expansions come out?

I wonder if someone will rejigger the odds of finding things at different places in a Files section add on. Although personally, I'd rather just take my chances in a "Never quote me the odds!" fashion. Of course, I'm the kind of guy who sometimes likes to mix all the decks together and then redistribute them to the various supply planets for even more randomness. As more expansions come out, that will become less necessary, for the expansion of the Supply Decks makes things much harder to pre-calculate!

On the other hand, with a larger deck, it will take longer to get everything out to the discard piles. So intermixing the decks would make it much harder to find wanted bounty fugitives, as "Last Seen" (on Bounty Cards) would no longer apply!

Here's a more basic question: what are the measurements of the new PBH box? In terms of storage, I've got the Breakin' Atmo and promo stuff in the original (US version) box, but there's certainly no more room in there, what with all the pages I've printed out from the variants boards to date. (I'm wondering if the PBH box will allow all of one kind of component from everything we've got so far, or if I should give it up and get a plano box, etc.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Huhtala
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you clarify what "subjective" morality means, game mechanic-wise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
Here's a more basic question: what are the measurements of the new PBH box? In terms of storage, I've got the Breakin' Atmo and promo stuff in the original (US version) box, but there's certainly no more room in there, what with all the pages I've printed out from the variants boards to date. (I'm wondering if the PBH box will allow all of one kind of component from everything we've got so far, or if I should give it up and get a plano box, etc.).

The actual box itself is 1/3 the size of the UK version of the base game (so 1/2 that of the US edition?)

The insert itself is piddly. There is a space for cards, but this only goes as high as the 79 in the expansion and the other bit that contained the ship pieces would not hold those and all the other bits. Plus, it is narrower than the cards and not deep enough to stack anything sideways either.

In fact, the cards from this expansion, along with Breakin' Atmo (and Wash's Lucky Dinosaurs) almost fills the UK base game box in the way I store it. Which is as follows:
- 1 slot with all Supply Planet decks (almost over the brim)
- 1 slot with all Contact Decks (almost over the brim)
- 1 slot with both Nav Card Decks, Misbehaves and Bounties (4/5 full)

The separate 'setup' slot is still OK as that is only leaders, drive cores and contact event cards, nor do the ships fill up the whole pool.

Again, I don't know the specifics of the US box, but if mine is anything to go by, I think those owners will definitely have to find storage extras/alternatives.

With the UK box, my only real concern is that I will most likely have to split up the Supply Planet pile and the Contact Deck pile at some point in the future. Space-wise, I can always move Misbehaves and Bounties to the setup slot or something like that.

Brian1981 wrote:
Can you clarify what "subjective" morality means, game mechanic-wise?

This is mentioned in the rules and during an official update, both of which can be found on the game's site, but I've copied them here:

All Piracy Jobs have a unique morality, Subjective. A Subjective Job’s moral impact depends on your intended target. It is IMMORAL to Work a SUBJECTIVE Job on a target ship with a MORAL Leader. But it’s perfectly acceptable to steal from someone without a strict moral code.

i.e. any Moral Crew will be Disgruntled if completing a Piracy Job against a Moral Leader, and people like Book will not even participate. Any Leaders without a 'Moral' keyword are fair game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops; forgot you are a Brit! The US box measures 10 1/2" x 10 1/2" square and is 3" deep.

I usually chuck box inserts/dividers right out to make more room, but I've kept the Firefly one as its useful. Sounds like I'll be throwing the PBH one away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Cooper
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Who invented that horrible word "Brit" anyway? Ugh, I hate it!

I wanna slap people who call me a "Brit". Makes me sound like some weird kind of hard toffee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid it was coined in the U.K. in the Sixties!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Sulin
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beery wrote:
Who invented that horrible word "Brit" anyway? Ugh, I hate it!

I wanna slap people who call me a "Brit". Makes me sound like some weird kind of hard toffee.

You have to blame your fellow Brits....err British people for it

If you want to reverse it call us(at least the US posters) Yanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that this is a bit peripheral to the gameplay but I like the inclusion of Jubal Early because the confederate general Jubal A Early is a real life ancestor of Nathan Fillion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Payne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
With regards to the "back-and-forth" of piracy, you'd have to maintain some piracy jobs in hand in order to have the option to retaliate, so that's going to limit how much immediate turn around there will be. That's not so much the case with bounties though, where you will most likely be able to mount a rescue (or use the opportunity to claim the bounty yourself) on your next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
True. The Interceptor's high speed is great for running down a Bounty... but then you're stuck there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's interesting about Jubal Early; I mentioned elsewhere that I thought naming a Black man after a Confederate general showed how schizoid he was (although in real life some Black men did fight for the gray)! My sister's ex-significant other claimed to be related to him as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.