Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The following is cross-posted from the May 2014 GMT P500 geeklist: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/173147/item/3203982#item32...

I'm copying it here in the hopes that a few more eyes might notice it.

-------------------

QUICK UPDATES

My lack of updates the past couple months is indicative of an *insane* amount of work on the game going on behind the scenes. As in: I've been working on it daily.

Ralph Shelton and I continue to put the finishing touches on the rulebook while Charlie Kibler has been working (very quickly, I might add) on the three countersheets. The map (by Mark Mahaffey) and playbook are still works-in-progress, but steady progress is certainly being made in those operational sectors as well. And the overworked but highly enthusiastic 2 person "lead playtest team" continues to refine the Campaign Game per our weekly 8+ hour playtest sessions. In the upcoming weeks we'll be calling it good on the Campaign in order to start revisiting the smaller scenarios, including the Cristot scenario and the 10 or so very short tutorial scenarios.

You guys are in for a real treat with the playbook, if I do say so myself. It's in the same overall style as the Red Winter playbook, and the same length (56 pages).

It may be worth noting here that the core team for Op Dauntless is the same as it was for Red Winter -- Ralph as co-developer, Charlie doing the countersheets + booklet and card layouts, and Mark Mahaffey doing the map. So not only are the core rules the same as Red Winter, but the overall look and style of all the printed materials will be very similar and familiar to RW players as well. I guess you could call these guys my "dream team." I feel very fortunate and honored to be working with them once again. I have a few new playtesters this time around as well.

I'm really pleased with the way everything is turning out and coming together! It's too soon to say when it'll all be 100% ready, but I'm certainly still on target for a release sometime later this year.

I've been meaning to post some new photos of our most recent playtest sessions... just been super busy. In fact I haven't posted any new photos since Op Dauntless made its first public appearance (and my first public appearance, for that matter) at the Game ON! con back in February:

More pics of Red Winter / Operation Daunltess at Game ON! con are posted here: http://boardgamegeek.com/images/boardgame/69234/operation-da...

I hope to have some samples of the final counters and map to share with you in the near future. For now, all I can tell you is: they're looking SWEET!

Thanks for your patience, guys. I hope to have a finished game for you real soon.

Cheers,

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Francis
Wales
Aberystwyth
Ceredigion
flag msg tools
badge
“"To Aetius, now consul for the third time: the groans of the Britons ... The barbarians drive us to the sea; the sea throws us back on the barbarians: thus two modes of death await us, we are either slain or drowned".” ―Gildas
mbmbmbmbmb
Really looking forward to that juicy playbook. The playbook in Red Winter blew my trousers off with all the research and information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree. Really looking forward to this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Normandeau
Canada
Quebec
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
duckweed wrote:
I'm copying it here in the hopes that a few more eyes might notice it.

And it worked!

Thanks for the update and the tremendous work. It will make Op. Dauntless stand apart like Red Winter did!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
This remains the single GMT product I have on pre-order this year, and damn the postage costs to Canada. Scale and topic are pretty close to my grails. And given the fantastic production on Red Winter? Can. Not. Wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.