12 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: USS Stargazer proxy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Swallow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the upcoming Collective OP featuring the USS Stargazer, I thought I'd pick up the Heroclix Tactics III version, perhaps to modify as a proxy...

Here it is pre-conversion on the left compared to the Stargazer model from the Star Trek Offical Starships Collection (this is the "Are you my mummy?" shot):

And with the Enteprise-D from the starter set:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's much the same as the Tinyprise. Pretty much in scale with the Enterprise D but woefully out of scale with other Contemporary ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SteRT wrote:
It's much the same as the Tinyprise. Pretty much in scale with the Enterprise D but woefully out of scale with other Contemporary ships.

I *like* the Tinyprise being in scale...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Fella
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does everyone know that the Stargazer is going to be a prize ship? I check here and Wizkids' site fairly regularly and can never find that information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OmegaDolphin wrote:
How does everyone know that the Stargazer is going to be a prize ship? I check here and Wizkids' site fairly regularly and can never find that information.

Month 3 of 'The Collective' event

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Evans
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like the Stargazer is very dear to many viewers' hearts. It was only in the one episode, right? Why is it such a favorite?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cassiel33 wrote:
Seems like the Stargazer is very dear to many viewers' hearts. It was only in the one episode, right? Why is it such a favorite?

I suppose because a) it is fairly unique looking, and b) it was Picard's first ship.

Also, while the Stargazer only appeared in one episode, Picard does make references to it throughout the show -- and the model is reused a few times for other ships of the class (but no one cares because they weren't Picard's ship!! ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yourmonkey06 wrote:
Cassiel33 wrote:

I suppose because a) it is fairly unique looking, and b) it was Picard's first ship.

Also, while the Stargazer only appeared in one episode, Picard does make references to it throughout the show -- and the model is reused a few times for other ships of the class (but no one cares because they weren't Picard's ship!! ).

Actually, I rather *liked* the Hathaway episode.

It's definitely a very 'different' ship design, and I wish we'd seen more of it (rather than the endless Miranda-class and Excelsior-class models, given the Constellation-class being a peer of theirs).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus for those that like the idea of Era specific play it gives another ship type for the TOS era.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Swallow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cassiel33 wrote:

The USS Stargazer only turns up in one story, but ships of the same class appear in three other TNG episodes. It also got its own series of spin-off novels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Wilson
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
yourmonkey06 wrote:
Cassiel33 wrote:

Actually, I rather *liked* the Hathaway episode.

It's definitely a very 'different' ship design, and I wish we'd seen more of it (rather than the endless Miranda-class and Excelsior-class models, given the Constellation-class being a peer of theirs).

If I remember correctly, the ship was a poor design as stated by even Picard. It never lived up to the engineer's expectations and was decommissioned, which I believe was said in the Hathaway Episode.

The miranda worked, even if it didn't work as well as it could have, the Excelsior and Miranda class proved their worth by still being active in the dominion war, albeit more as sacrificial lambs than anything else.

That said, he discusses during the Cardassian/Federation war having used the Stargazer to retreat from Cardassian Warships. I am more excited for the Picard Maneuver and Jack Crusher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ginever
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cassiel33 wrote:

It has four frickin nacelles, what's not to like

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.