United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
First Click
badge
Praise it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everybody, I've been doing some work on a recent card game design (As noted on a couple posts about art and ZunTzu). I just saw that OCTGN has a creation client, and I was wondering how it is to work with. How has your experience been with it? If I want to create a more automated and convenient version of my game for testers, would you recommend Octide or Vassal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lliam Kneale
Australia
Dunsborough
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have also been looking at octide, but there doesn't seem to be any official help articles that I could find... Vassal however has a detailed pdf document that is very useful for creating games. All in all it really depends what you want, OCTGN is easier to play on, but Vassal is easier to create with (Probably, Octide looks confusing). Personally I would try to figure out Octide, because as I said, OCTGN is much easier to play with, but it really does come down to personal preference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben G
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Jumping on the other things that work bandwagon, I've been play testing a few ideas using taebl.com - it's super easy to work with, handles cards and boards pretty well - all just based on uploading images.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.