Norway
Stavanger
Rogaland
flag msg tools
badge
"I am the one who knocks..."
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

When playing the Android version of TTR:E I noticed that sometimes if a parallel route is already filled the game won't allow you to play trains on the other route. Is this unique to the Android/Apple version or is this something that should be done in the board game version also?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The parallel routes are only not playable with 2 or 3 players. With 5, you should be able to use them both ( although not by the same player). I've never had an issue with the iOS version. Are you sure it's not letting you use the second route?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
Norway
Stavanger
Rogaland
flag msg tools
badge
"I am the one who knocks..."
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, maybe it's that way round instead! It certainly makes more sense!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
broggi wrote:
The parallel routes are only not playable with 2 or 3 players. With 5, you should be able to use them both ( although not by the same player). I've never had an issue with the iOS version. Are you sure it's not letting you use the second route?
Well, the rulebook calls them "double routes", and defines "parallel routes" as a route that goes from A to B, another that goes from A to C, but from A and a bit down, they look like they both go to the same city.

I don't know why, but they devoted a whole block + illustration just to cover that.

As for the topic, yeah, double check to make sure you indeed can't build (e.g. you're not tapping it correctly, or you do not have the appropriate train cards)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.