4 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules question Queen of Thornes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alex isner
msg tools
Hi!

I have a question to all Game of Thrones experts out there. Here's the situation:
I am the Stark player and attack the Tyrell player in Storms End. I support the attack with 3 units from Crackclaw Point which use my ship in Shipbreaker Bay as a bridge. If I win the battle, I win the game. Now the Tyrell player plays the house card "Queen of Thornes". Her special ability is that she can remove any one order token adjacent to the embattled area. My opponent now declares that he can remove my support order in Crackclaw Point. However, I argue that he can't do that because the area isn't adjacent to Storms End. But he says that since I used my ship in Shipbreaker Bay to get the units into battle, he can cancel the support order.

After drawing the tide if battle cards, we realise that if I can use the support, I would have won the battle and the game. However, if he's allowed to cancel it, I don't and Tyrell goes on to win the game latter on. I still feel confident that he couldn't have canceled my support order, because Crackclaw Point simply isn't adjacent to Storms End. Does anyone know for sure/have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance
Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zak
New Zealand
Whangarei
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You can't support through ships, only attack through ships - so you're both wrong.

He can't cancel that order, but you can't use that order to support your battle anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules, Page 23:

While land areas connected by ship transport are
considered adjacent for purposes of marching and
retreating, they are not considered adjacent for any other
purpose (including supporting and raiding).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markús Ingólfsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea you can´t support through bridge of ships, only attack. But you are right that those lands are not adjacent! But I am sorry, you should not get the support due to rules, not the ability.

Hope this doesn´t change your opinion of the game. The game is still awesome even though you been playing a this rule wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.