Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurt Rompot
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since Infamy token is assigned at end of take actions phase, is it possible to attack more than one Podesta during your actions, or only one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
krompot wrote:
Since Infamy token is assigned at end of take actions phase, is it possible to attack more than one Podesta during your actions, or only one?

Good question! We've been playing one may attack only 1 Colony with a Podesta, but now I'm not sure. The only thing I can see in the rules about this is on page 8, which says:
"If the acting player attacks a colony with a Podesta token, he must take the Infamy token (taking if from the current owner, if there is one). The holder of the Infamy token cannot attack a colony that contains a Podesta, and suffers a penalty during the next Doge elections."

I can see nothing about the timing of gaining the token in the rules. The only place "end of the action phase" is mentioned is in the FAQ. We've been assigning it after the first attack against a Podesta, and now allowing attacks against any others Podestas. Hmmm.......

Francesco, still out there?
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Nepitello
Italy
Venezia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tkelly wrote:
krompot wrote:

I can see nothing about the timing of gaining the token in the rules. The only place "end of the action phase" is mentioned is in the FAQ. We've been assigning it after the first attack against a Podesta, and now allowing attacks against any others Podestas. Hmmm.......

Francesco, still out there?
TK

Here I am!

You are allowed to attack multiple colonies containing Podestà (or the same colony more than once) during a given turn. As the FAQ says, at the end of that turn you receive the Infamy token and won't be able to attack other colonies containing Podestà in following turns (until you get rid of the Infamy token).

I hope this helps!

Francesco and Marco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.