Trevor De Boer
United States
Comstock Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
April 8th, 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up a used copy of MK plus the Lost Legions expansion. I have been able to separate the map tiles and I believe all of the cards are separated. My problem is that all of the tokens are mixed together in a large bag. I can separate the enemy and ruin tokens by using the picture on the back page of the Lost Legion rulebook, but I am not sure where to start with the other pieces.

I have never played the game before I and am planning on reading the rules and watching the Ricky Royal videos I the next few days.

Do I need to separate all the components so I can keep the expansion separate until I learn the game, or is it ok if I leave these new tokens in with the rest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trevordeboer wrote:
I just picked up a used copy of MK plus the Lost Legions expansion. I have been able to separate the map tiles and I believe all of the cards are separated. My problem is that all of the tokens are mixed together in a large bag. I can separate the enemy and ruin tokens by using the picture on the back page of the Lost Legion rulebook, but I am not sure where to start with the other pieces.

I have never played the game before I and am planning on reading the rules and watching the Ricky Royal videos I the next few days.

Do I need to separate all the components so I can keep the expansion separate until I learn the game, or is it ok if I leave these new tokens in with the rest?

I just went through this myself. If you follow the instructions in Lost Legion regarding base to expansion component replacement, it's very straightforward.

If your tokens are all jumbled, just look at the pics of each in the base and expansion to separate them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilczewski
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
badge
Someone on the internet is wrong!
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
trevordeboer wrote:

I just went through this myself. If you follow the instructions in Lost Legion regarding base to expansion component replacement, it's very straightforward.

If your tokens are all jumbled, just look at the pics of each in the base and expansion to separate them.

Strange Answer.

Anyway - personally I'd remove them while learning. The expansion monsters are more complicated and you don't need the variety while learning. Any place you can simply the learning experience is good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trevordeboer wrote:
My problem is that all of the tokens are mixed together in a large bag. I can separate the enemy and ruin tokens by using the picture on the back page of the Lost Legion rulebook, but I am not sure where to start with the other pieces.

Which other pieces?

I may be forgetting something, but I believe the only bits of cardboard other than enemy/ruin tokens are:

- Level markers (octagonal tokens with a crest on one side and stats on the other). The expansion has these for Wolfhawk (the new character) but nothing else needs to be separated.

- Skill tokens. The ones with a white face, shown on the "cooperative skills" reference card, can be used with the base game, using the rules on that card. (You take those out when playing a co-op game, regardless of whether you're using the expansion.)

And I think that's it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trevordeboer wrote:

Misread your question...sorry! I actually jumped straight in with the Lost Legion expansion right from the get go. Didn't want to learn the game one way and then have to learn different rules later. Played 4 games of First Recon to get everything down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor De Boer
United States
Comstock Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
April 8th, 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help guys. I spent some time over the weekend looking through the tiles and comparing them to the components lists. I now have a better understanding of what the tiles are for, so it made a lot more sense to me on how to separate them. I believe I now have everything separated into the base game and LL expansion.

All of the expansion cards are still sealed so I think I am just going to play the base game a couple of times to get an understanding of the game before I add in some of the LL extras.

Does that seem wise, or should I break open the LL cards to add in some of the new and replacement cards right from the get go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding the Lost Legions cards (AAs, Spells, Artifacts) is the easiest thing to incorporate into the game. I've taught plenty of new players without having to remove any of those cards.

I do remove the expansion Monsters and Location tiles (Walls, Maze, etc) when teaching new players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.