Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I just bought the core set a week or so ago and we're not really ready to start building custom decks, but we're kind of getting bored of the same old cards. That brings up my question.

Does the Edge of Darkness expansion have pre built decks just like the core set does?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geki
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there is a little page explaining how to build them from core and edge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, it does not come with prebuilt decks, but it tells you how to set up some different decks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are sample decks, but you need the core set to build them, as one or 2 objectives comes from the core set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it comes with two prebuilt deck lists. Like the deck lists on the back of the core rule book.

The only thing is, the core prebuilt decks are 48 card decks, and the Edge of Darkness decks are standard 60 card format.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StarkeRealm wrote:
No, it comes with two prebuilt deck lists. Like the deck lists on the back of the core rule book.

The only thing is, the core prebuilt decks are 48 card decks, and the Edge of Darkness decks are standard 60 card format.

THIS! This was a huge annoyance for me. I was hoping to be able to use 6, well-balanced starter decks that feature the flavor of each of the factions for casual play with family members, but the difference in deck size between the core starter decks and the Edge of Darkness starter decks means you have to do some tweaking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geki
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Budgernaut wrote:
StarkeRealm wrote:

THIS! This was a huge annoyance for me. I was hoping to be able to use 6, well-balanced starter decks that feature the flavor of each of the factions for casual play with family members, but the difference in deck size between the core starter decks and the Edge of Darkness starter decks means you have to do some tweaking.

Easy suggestion: drop 2 of them. If you are looking for non competitive play, dropping a couple of the less "iconic" ones (keep Chewie, Lando, Falcon, Han) should not destroy the deck by any means.

Geki

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László K.
United States
Hopatcong
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Clinty76 wrote:
My wife and I just bought the core set a week or so ago and we're not really ready to start building custom decks, but we're kind of getting bored of the same old cards. That brings up my question.

Does the Edge of Darkness expansion have pre built decks just like the core set does?

Thanks!

You may want to take a look at the following thread here on BGG:

Poll regarding casual gaming decks composed of the Core Set (x1) + Edge of Darkness (x1)

I hope this helps. Good gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.