Subject: Cave of Shinies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Red Go
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
Do players get VP's for minions that get destroyed when they score the Cave of Shinies?

Cave of Shinies - After each time a minion is destroyed here, its owner gains 1 VP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Tan
Philippines
Quezon City
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jarred_98 wrote:
Do players get VP's for minions that get destroyed when they score the Cave of Shinies?

Cave of Shinies - After each time a minion is destroyed here, its owner gains 1 VP.

Minions are never destroyed when a base is scored.

Smash Up Base Game Rulebook, page 6 wrote:

After scoring, players can use Special abilities that happen “after” a base scores. Then all cards still on that base go to their owners’ discard piles. This does not destroy them, but might trigger abilities that happen when they go to the discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Go
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
Oh that makes more sense, thanks for the quick reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lee
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saint Sinner wrote:
So, not destroyed when the Base is scoring...but for hilarity's sake (as well as being on the receiving end of the dreaded stink-eye from everyone else involved in the game), try lining up a bunch of your Minions on Cave of Shinies and playing Powderkeg (Pirates faction) when you think you'll reap enough VPs to make the sacrifice worth it.

They'll all love you. :D

I had that happen to me once when I Sleep Spored my opponent's Robot/Pirates on the Cave of Shinies. 10 VP in one turn is still our group's record...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.