tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

Do you always ask the BGG community to comment on your game selling plans?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to open and play it. I doubt it will reduce the value month and some people are enjoying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Poulsen
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't believe how many Mammut games were recently put up for sale in the market place. I was thinking of selling my copy as well but at this point I'd almost have to just give it a way to be competitive on price. Crazy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCarty
United States
Agoura Hills
California
flag msg tools
Carrauntoohil
badge
Mt Whitney
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy will find its way into a Toys for Tots donation bin next winter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mkmccarty wrote:
My copy will find its way into a Toys for Tots donation bin next winter.

Try it out before dismissing it. If you like Ra! and original bidding, you have a winner in your hands there. "No one, I repeat, No One that has played this game has not liked it within my gaming friends." Wargamers are not jumping to play it, but I don't offer it when the meat is on the table already.

I also think Toys for Tots this not for. You should gift it to a gaming family, one that has an interest in playing such games. Anyone who plays for sale can handle this one, and most likely will add it to their collection of hits, not misses. Maybe a Secret Santa throw in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielguy wrote:
I'm going to open and play it. I doubt it will reduce the value month and some people are enjoying it.

I think you traded it to me without opening it devil Unless there was more than one person who had a copy and they left theirs at Saltcon on the trade table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCarty
United States
Agoura Hills
California
flag msg tools
Carrauntoohil
badge
Mt Whitney
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I followed up by placing my in shrink copy into the Toys for Tots donation bin at the local Starbucks.

I didn't try to play it as there is enough in my library where I'm slowly purging games I enjoyed single plays of and knew they won't get back to the table again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll followup and find the local goodwilI near you and pick it up. Gamer games have too many rules to give out like checkers. You can hope it will get to someone who will play it, but the abstract nature of mammut will confuse any non gamer family. Think of giving RA to your neighbors and see how many would collect dust, till donated to good will.
Anyone who is thinking of doing this, check with a flgs and see what they could do to get it to someone who will play it with kids who are in need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.