Subject: Klingon Bird-of-Prey Fighter Squadron rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Would you be okay with a Klingon Bird-of-Prey Fighter Squadron?

YES! I think a Klingon Bird-of-Prey Fighter Squadron would be great!
NO! The Klingon Bird-of-Prey should not be used as a fighter.
Meh. Don't care either way.
      52 answers
Poll created by Stormtrooper721

I'm desperately hoping for a Klingon Bird-of-Prey Fighter Squadron for STAW. In DS9, I've always been thrilled watching swarms of Klingon Birds-of-Prey swooping into the attack.

The B'rel isn't much bigger than the Hideki. The Hideki is listed as being 85 m in length compared to 110 m for the B'rel.

Here's some pics of their size compared to larger ships:

Would everyone be okay with a Klingon Bird-of-Prey Fighter Squadron for STAW? They would be more size appropriate when next to other STAW ships like the Dominion Battleship and Negh'var.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They should also be more expensive so they can be commesurately better than other fighter squadrons. Something like 30 points for 7-0-1-1 and cloaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I would have preferred it the other way round with the Hideki being a true ship rather than fighters.

After all, all of the following ships are of a similar size:

Romulan Science Vessel, Romulan Scout, Jem'Hadar Attack Ship, Bajoran Interceptor.

The Federation fighters are much smaller than all of these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
I'd rather see the To'Duj fighter for the Klingons and the Scorpion for the Romulans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles skrobis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That bottom picture is actually the Regency 1, which was the Mirror universe up scaled version of the Nagh'var. So the scaling there is already a bit off from the normal ships we see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
I would like to see Klingon and Romulan fighters of some variety. I want them to be a 20sp ship like the Hideki and Fed fighters.

I don't care what ship classes, except the the B'rel is already established in STAW. So not B'rel fighters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Roberson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
A few reasons this will never happen.

1.) The first BoP, Kruge's D-12, was a major iconic counter to the Enterprise like the Gal Gath'thong. They wouldn't diminish it by making "old" BoPs into squadrons as you suggest with the B'rel.

2.) The K'Vort having a whopping 5 hull means this will never happen with a newer class either.

3.) Even if we accept that "because they flew in 3-5 ship formations in the show the designers and players of STAW would love to see that functionality here" I'll reference you to another, less powerful ship seen in similar or larger formations that will certainly get no fighter treatment: The Jem'Hadar Attack Ship. And even the B'rel is more powerful than those and therefore less likely to be a fighter if they aren't.

At best we'll see increased support for formation flying. Maybe the Duras Sisters will have range 1 buffs to allies of the same ship class.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibor Corbett
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
alepperd wrote:
I'd rather see the To'Duj fighter for the Klingons and the Scorpion for the Romulans.

+1

The poll should have another option. "I would like to see Klingons (and Romulans) get fighters, but this should not be the BoP".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Church14 wrote:
I would like to see Klingon and Romulan fighters of some variety. I want them to be a 20sp ship like the Hideki and Fed fighters.

I don't care what ship classes, except the the B'rel is already established in STAW. So not B'rel fighters.

I think SteRT nailed the Romulan fighters with Additional Fighter Resource - Romulans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.