Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Campbell
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the number of pieces which come with the game constitutes a constraint, the rules would seem to need some corrections/clarifications.

If not, I'd recommend having several times the number of "vis" counters they actually give you. I'll probably use some cheapo plastic Go stones I have from one of my first Go sets, but I wouldn't recommend buying this unless you have plenty of counters, or they fix their rules.

I'm a huge fan of the RPG, but this reads like it's a bit weak. Can't tell for sure until I play though.

--------------EDIT-----------------

Just heard back from Atlas on this. There will soon be an errata page, but it seems the bit about everyone getting 12 vis per tribunal is a misprint. Sounds like it will be 12 starting vis, and after that, you're on your own. Also, they suggest using some spare voting counters as "5 vis" markers...I may just spray- paint some of the black ones silver instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tyrrell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
We ran out of vis tokens in a three player game when all of us were spending as fast as we could (the only game I've played to date). Ironically not because our vis was tied up on items and spells (you return vis to the regio after each item and spell advances) but because it was in our vaults. With the 12 income per tribunal and only 3 turns each tribunal we didn't have time to spend all of the vis that we were given.

In any case any sort of poker chip/coins/little glass CCG beads/ etc would work as a vis token.

I'm wondering how the game would play if the Praco pawn went around the table twice for each tribunal (then you'd need more vote tokens but probably only about 16 vis tokens per player).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.