United States
CA, TX
flag msg tools
designer
See designer's page...
badge
"Reading history, Pinky..."
mbmbmbmbmb
"Colonel" Ron Plunk (BGG: rallypoint) has confirmed he will be running a large (up to 36 players) B-17: QotS game at KublaCon this year!

Saturday, May 24, 6PM:

B-17: Target for Today

"Join the “Memphis Belle”, “Thunderbird” and “Picadilly Lilly” as the 8th Air Force obliterates another Axis “Target For Today”. Based on Avalon Hill’s “B-17: Queen of the Skies” solitaire game, this is an interactive game with special rules for multiple players in squadron formations. New players welcome; rules will be taught. A copy of “B-17 QOTS” is helpful."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb

I will be reporting for duty as usual!

BTW, Saturday at Kubla is also kilt day. Wear'em if you got'em!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang, if you move the con to Michigan I would be able to attend... Have a great time everyone who makes it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A great time was had by all. 4 full squadrons off to bomb an aircraft factory. We had an easy time on the way (3 zones of no fighters) and then drop into a loose formation over the target just in time for three waves. After getting shot to hell, we managed to drop our loads and head home. "Col" Plunk told us we made history with that bomb run. The first time he can remember that NO ONE hit the target. Our squadron made it back with three planes in formation, one straggler, and my sons crew had to bail out over Blighty as both the pilot and co pilot were dead, and they had no other choice.

Fun thing is seeing participants that are younger than the game design. Evidence that this is a true "classic". My son attended the con with the express purpose of participating.

Tally Ho!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.