Subject: Captured wagons at Stadtlohn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if one of the Wagons is captured?

1. Presumably the Catholic player only gets VPs for 'owning' a Wagon at the end of the scenario.

2. Presumably the Catholic player cannot move the Wagon as he has no means of allocating it to a Wing.

3. What if the Protestant player recaptures the Wagon? Can he move it again? It is possible that by this point the Trosswaibel has been removed from the game as per 5.3.3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpl. Fields
South Africa
Hopelessly Surrounded
Isandlwana, Zululand
flag msg tools
<insert something pithy here>
badge
<insert something clever here>
mbmbmbmbmb
From my reading of the rules (others may want to jump in and correct me):

beresford wrote:
What happens if one of the Wagons is captured?

1. Presumably the Catholic player only gets VPs for 'owning' a Wagon at the end of the scenario.

Correct, per 15.0 of the series rules.

Quote:
2. Presumably the Catholic player cannot move the Wagon as he has no means of allocating it to a Wing.

Also correct, per series rule 10.89 (captured wagons are treated the same as captured artillery).

Quote:
3. What if the Protestant player recaptures the Wagon? Can he move it again? It is possible that by this point the Trosswaibel has been removed from the game as per 5.3.3

Guns and wagons, once captured, can never be recrewed, so cannot move even if recaptured.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you made that last rule up, at least regarding the Wagons

It would make sense though for a captured Wagon to be marked 'Disabled' (crew run away, draft animals incapacitated).

The reason it has never come up before is that in my two playthroughs I have never got anywhere near the Wagons. Fighting through the Rearguard in those two trenches and then Reforming while Christian sits under 'Make Ready' Pre-empting Continuation attempts takes up the ten turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpl. Fields
South Africa
Hopelessly Surrounded
Isandlwana, Zululand
flag msg tools
<insert something pithy here>
badge
<insert something clever here>
mbmbmbmbmb
beresford wrote:
I think you made that last rule up, at least regarding the Wagons

Series rule 10.8.9 applies to wagons as well as artillery, if I'm not mistaken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
I was able to get around the right flank through the woods with the Catholic cavalry and catch the wagons once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the answers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.