Hide
3 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: X-Wing Miniature RPG Campaign Ruleset rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Guiliano
msg tools
Hey guys, my first post into here. I've been working on a campaign design set to bring an RPG type feel to the world of X-Wing Miniatures. There's some great campaign rulesets out there, but I didn't really see anything that took it to an RPG style ruleset.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzdRRqtX8We0enNlTW9ndjlxN3M...

I can't attach the file, but there is the link to the file on my drive. Please feel free to give me feedback. I've got through several playtests with players at the local shop that I frequent, and they all tend to really enjoy the system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Hm. Seems like your way to tally points has more steps than is needed. I'd drop the 'per enemy ship' part and then raise the point cost of purchases.

You example has:
Imperial losses: 12+12+12+13+6.5+6 = 49.5
Round up: 50 "points" destroyed
Divide by number of enemies: 60/6 = 8.3
Round up: 9
Divide by # of players: 2.25
Round up: 3 points to each player

I would just simplify it to:
Total SP of all enemies destroyed + half for ships fled: 12+12+12+13+6.5+6 = 49.5
Divide by # of players: 49.5/4 = 12.375
Round up: 13 points for experience

Adjust so all weapon or talents cost 3xSP of the card. So an engine upgrade takes 12SP. Adjust your increase pilot skill cost as well so a jump costs 5x the final value. You deal with higher numbers, but less confusion over costing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Guiliano
msg tools
good suggestion, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.