Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

In Magnificent Style» Forums » General

Subject: "Scale" question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just thought of this idea, perhaps it is a bit hair-brained. Has anyone thought of pimping In Magnificent Style with the bits from Battlecry?

There are several "junk stores" in town that sell used board games for pennies on the dollar. Would the miniatures from Battlecry "fit" the IMS board?

Thanks.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Arizona Flyboy wrote:
I just thought of this idea, perhaps it is a bit hair-brained.

Not at all. Well done, it would make for a compelling visual spectacle. I'd go all out with terrain, too.

Arizona Flyboy wrote:
Has anyone thought of pimping In Magnificent Style with the bits from Battlecry?

Absolutely. I hadn't thought of cannibalizing Battlecry. Some Civil War soldiers at Hobby Lobby caught my eye. Painting it up would be incredible. I'm sure there are more hi-quality options.

Arizona Flyboy wrote:
There are several "junk stores" in town that sell used board games for pennies on the dollar. Would the miniatures from Battlecry "fit" the IMS board?

No, I don't think they would. You'd have to get the map blown-up, which might be a pain. I'm assuming you'd want to use the soldiers instead of the chits to count down unit casualties. At a visual level, I think it could work great as you'd clearly see your units getting decimated.

In my dreams, VPG would create deluxe versions. Might make the game very accessible. Be fun way to play with my boys.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you quote someone and make the previous post appear in that neat box?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Arizona Flyboy wrote:
How do you quote someone and make the previous post appear in that neat box?

In the lower right of every post, there are four buttons/options. Click "Quote".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HitchKennedy wrote:
Some Civil War soldiers at Hobby Lobby caught my eye. Painting it up would be incredible. I'm sure there are more hi-quality options.


I saw those figures at Hobby Lobby also, but they are a stretch for my plan.


HitchKennedy wrote:
No, I don't think they would. You'd have to get the map blown-up, which might be a pain. I'm assuming you'd want to use the soldiers instead of the chits to count down unit casualties.


My plans are way more modest than yours. I was thinking of a single Battlecry or Risk figure for each brigade, possibly also a mounted figure for each brigade general, and then continuing to use the counters to degrade the Confederate strength.

Right now I have Cemetery Ridge lined with black cannons from an old Risk set. Looks OK, probably more Napoleonic than Civil War era, but finding the old Battlecry game may prove difficult.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.