Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zak
Canada
Wolfville
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

With SR cards going for upwards of $50 on ebay, I thought I would share some thoughts on proxying cards. Apologies if everyone has thought of this already.

Since the art on all versions of each character is the same, what you can do is:

a) Find images of all of the missing cards online. ebay is a great place to look because all those guys selling the rares and super rares tend to post high res shots of the cards.

b) adjust the size to fit the cards from the game. This can be done easily in powerpoint or similar.

c) Print the cards onto label paper.

d) Do some cut and paste. Basically, you can cut out the text at the bottom of the card, and the subtitle below the card name, and then stick these onto the common or uncommon versions of the same card.

e) put cards into sleeves

The result is actually quite good. If you look closely, of course you can tell its a fake, but using the art from the original cards really makes it look pretty close to the original.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D S

California
msg tools
Radiation_King wrote:

With SR cards going for upwards of $50 on ebay, I thought I would share some thoughts on proxying cards. Apologies if everyone has thought of this already.

Since the art on all versions of each character is the same, what you can do is:

a) Find images of all of the missing cards online. ebay is a great place to look because all those guys selling the rares and super rares tend to post high res shots of the cards.

b) adjust the size to fit the cards from the game. This can be done easily in powerpoint or similar.

c) Print the cards onto label paper.

d) Do some cut and paste. Basically, you can cut out the text at the bottom of the card, and the subtitle below the card name, and then stick these onto the common or uncommon versions of the same card.

e) put cards into sleeves

The result is actually quite good. If you look closely, of course you can tell its a fake, but using the art from the original cards really makes it look pretty close to the original.

I always have problems printing the proper size. Do you mind some more detailed instructions on this in terms of PowerPoint or whatever you use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Beaber
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have no problem with proxies. I have serious doubts my area will see official tourney action until wizkids fixes their unruly event website. I already overpaid for a bunch of single commons. I would rather just drop $40 for each set maybe $60.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.