4 Posts

Ghost Stories: White Moon» Forums » General

Subject: Plastic wrap bent cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
So, I ordered this for £80 and noticed the plastic wrap was so tight around ghosts/bosses that it has curved the cards significantly. As I'm relatively new to the hobby, does anyone know if this is normal and how to fix the issue as WM cards are noticeable from the base variants?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,
I have had many cards come like this.
Usually if you grab a comfortable handful at a time , say half a dozen and flex them back gently a couple of times, you should end up with nice flat cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
silverbowen wrote:
My cards were bent/creased on all four corners. They were also a different shape than the base game. I emailed Repos many times and ultimately they said they weren't replacing the cards, period. I ended up sleeving them w/ opaque sleeves so they would shuffle correctly and not be 'marked'. They did replace my sticky, fading dice though.

I also haven't bought a Repos game since. They're may or may not be some sort of causality link between here

That's not that good.

I've never had a problem with repos. My Black Secret cards are different size to the core set and they sent me a replacement set no problem, the replacement set were exactly the same size, I just sleeved the cards and I can no longer tell the difference.

Which edition of White Moon is it, as the most recent one was not that long ago and you should be able to get replacement cards.

Also £80 is a lot to pay for White Moon. When it was OOP last time i don't think I saw it for that much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
biffta wrote:
Hi there,
I have had many cards come like this.
Usually if you grab a comfortable handful at a time , say half a dozen and flex them back gently a couple of times, you should end up with nice flat cards.

Thank you. I was worried originally that this may snap the cards, but perhaps I was foolishly cautious. Before, I was using weight on them, but it was rather ineffective (sadly).

peltazoid wrote:
silverbowen wrote:
My cards were bent/creased on all four corners. They were also a different shape than the base game. I emailed Repos many times and ultimately they said they weren't replacing the cards, period. I ended up sleeving them w/ opaque sleeves so they would shuffle correctly and not be 'marked'. They did replace my sticky, fading dice though.

I also haven't bought a Repos game since. They're may or may not be some sort of causality link between here

That's not that good.

I've never had a problem with repos. My Black Secret cards are different size to the core set and they sent me a replacement set no problem, the replacement set were exactly the same size, I just sleeved the cards and I can no longer tell the difference.

Which edition of White Moon is it, as the most recent one was not that long ago and you should be able to get replacement cards.

Also £80 is a lot to pay for White Moon. When it was OOP last time i don't think I saw it for that much.

The issue's not so severe, I believe, to deserve replacement cards; wouldn't want to inconvenience anyone. I'll be sure to look into sleeving as the cards are beautiful and it'd dishearten me to ever have them tarnished.

As for the price, I ordered from the USA for an English version and chose for expedient, priority shipping which cost around £30 (hence the price, more my fault). Nowhere in the UK had stock much to my disappointment!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.