Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Kincaid
United States
Toms River
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
NY and NJ Netrunner players. The time is now ! Let's decide which state has the stronger players !

I'm starting Corporate War. A 5v5 Team Netrunner tournament , to settle the score between NY and NJ players on who has the best and brightest players !

Here's the format :

There will be 3 Tournaments. One in New York , one in New Jersey , and a third to be decided by a coin flip. The most wins overall in those three tournaments is the winner of Corporate War.

Each individual tournament will be run 5v5 , pokemon style. This means that one player from NY and one player from NJ will play 1 game (not set). The player from the winning team stays on and switches decks. The player from the losing team is eliminated from competition , and that team must send up another player (of their choice). When an entire team has been eliminated , the match is over. The number of wins each side has is recorded , and carried over to the next event. The team with the most indivdual wins is declared the winner.

Prizes will include a trophy for the winning team , and custom playmats tailored to the event for the 5 winners. The 5 players will not have to pay any sort of entry fee.

During each of these events , there will be a side tournament run with standard FF sanctioned 1v1 rules. Prize support for that will come from game night kits , along with whatever the store puts into the prize pool. There will be an entry fee for that.

I'm the team captain for the NJ team. So what I'm going to have is a 4 tournament series of 'Corporate War Qualifiers'. Those will be standard tournaments , with the winner earning their place on the 5v5 team representing NJ in Corporate War.

The First of these qualifiers will be held May 25th at Trotta's Hobbies in Barnegat NJ. The dates for the remaining qualifiers are yet to be determined.

We are currently deciding date and venue for the 1st Corporate War Main Event. However , it will be sometime in August.

The Goal of this event is to promote strong players and give them notoriety. The goal is also to get metas to mingle together moreso , promoting a more diverse look into how other scenes play and what their meta is like.

This will be a great event. There will be great prizes , participation prizes , and a load of fun. I'm looking to make this as big as the Plugged-In-Tour. Let's try a new team tournament format , and set a standard that other metas can follow...

I hope to see you guys at Corporate War !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mara
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds really fun! (but quite involved to anticipate 3 events out of this, why not just a single 5v5 to begin with?)

I like the idea of having regions face off other regions in a 5v5 pokemon style mini-tourney.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dannel Jurado
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Agreed, this should be called something like the Northeast Sprawl Invitational or something equally cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.