Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett David Spain
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely Bonkers. But I will tell you a secret, All the best people are.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know the current status/release date for this expansion? I pre-ordered it through the website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith McNeil
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
throwingmuse wrote:
Does anyone know the current status/release date for this expansion? I pre-ordered it through the website.

The Kickstarter for this lists July, so that's likely the soonest you could expect it.

EDIT: here's the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/knightworks/dark-horse-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M.
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
throwingmuse wrote:

Hi Brett,
We are still shooting for a late July release but that all depends upon the manufacture process and shipping. For example, I had a two week delay with customs back in 2012 with the original Dark Horse game. Another thing that may cause delays is that I am attempting to print around the same time period as other publishers. May and June is a busy month for game manufacturers/publishers as they prep for the fall convention season.

On the plus side, everything is running smooth so far! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M.
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm keeping my fingers crossed everything goes smoothly. Quick question: Is the new Inventor role solely for backers of the KS project? Still sad I missed out on backing this awesome game. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vveaponx wrote:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed everything goes smoothly. Quick question: Is the new Inventor role solely for backers of the KS project? Still sad I missed out on backing this awesome game. shake
Hi J. P., the Inventor Special Role will be a part of the game for everyone. The only items that were unique to the Kickstarter campaign were the following Stretch Goals: County Seat and Extra Resource Hexes. Those are still available for the public to purchase during the pre-order though. Once the pre-order is over they become promotional items for conventions and special offers.

Here is a link to the pre-order page if you would like more information. The pre-order will be going on for a couple more months.

http://www.knightworks.net/DarkHorse/Order.asp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M.
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
!!!!! Preordering asap! Thanks Don

Update: Finally preordered. So excited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowkn wrote:
Here is a link to the pre-order page if you would like more information. The pre-order will be going on for a couple more months.

http://www.knightworks.net/DarkHorse/Order.asp

Can we buy just a couple of the small things like meeples and a promo? Or do we have to order a game and/or expansion to include those?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Can we buy just a couple of the small things like meeples and a promo? Or do we have to order a game and/or expansion to include those?

Yes, you can order individual items without picking up the base game or expansion. I had not considered that previously so I would need to factor in a shipping charge, otherwise I could lose money on a small item like the Outlaw Meeples. If anyone is interested send me an email at KnightWorks@gmail.com so we can discuss it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M.
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowkn wrote:
throwingmuse wrote:

Hi Brett,
We are still shooting for a late July release but that all depends upon the manufacture process and shipping. For example, I had a two week delay with customs back in 2012 with the original Dark Horse game. Another thing that may cause delays is that I am attempting to print around the same time period as other publishers. May and June is a busy month for game manufacturers/publishers as they prep for the fall convention season.

On the plus side, everything is running smooth so far! thumbsup

Hi Don,

I was curious, with it being mid-July, how things are faring with customs and all of that fun stuff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vveaponx wrote:
I was curious, with it being mid-July, how things are faring with customs and all of that fun stuff?

Hi J. P.,
I just posted an update on the Kickstarter campaign that goes into a little detail about the schedule. I posted it below but feel free to ask me any other questions you may have.
In working with my manufacturer these past few months I have noticed the turnaround time for each step has been two or three times longer than expected. I have asked a few times what was causing the delays. Up until now I did not receive a reasonable answer. It turns out that they were swamped with handling full and partial orders for games headed to the Essen game convention. As I mentioned in a prior post, my manufacturer handles a lot of plastic and wood components for other manufacturers. Those types of orders and the sheer bulk of Essen orders has pushed back their production capacity. We are still looking for Rebels & Rogues to be released towards the end of August, but any delays with customs or shipping in general could push that into September. As always I will keep you up to date on changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M.
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Essen ruining my birthday present. I can't wait till the end of August then. Thanks for the response Don!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett David Spain
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely Bonkers. But I will tell you a secret, All the best people are.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update for delivery?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
throwingmuse wrote:
Any update for delivery?

The last couple months have had multiple delays but the good news is that we are looking to receive the game by mid-November. Hopefully a couple days of shipping out boxes and everyone's copy will be on its way!

Our recent Kickstarter update #23 goes into some more detail.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/knightworks/dark-horse-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine yesterday.

However I spent an episode and a half of Star Trek TnG trying to figure out how to get this all in the original box. Looks like I need to get me some small baggies cause a Plano box won't work, unless I want the lid to sit up almost an inch... challenge accepted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M.
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jealous! angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, got it in there. Basically the base game board on the bottom and a big old pile of little baggies for the various components and we are golden. I do have all the resources in a 6 sslot smaller Plano. Not as nice as a bigger Plano box but I'm pleased and it'll work fine. Now to read through the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my copy yesterday. Wow, it's got a huge bag of tokens! It's been a while since I've played the base game so need to review it again so I can figure out what all this new stuff does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jefF, There are some who call me... DuneKitteh
United States
Wood Dale
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dune Kitty really does love you, despite any asshattery.
badge
Useless rollover, booya! Dune Kitty says, "deal with it."
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Got my copy yesterday. Wow, it's got a huge bag of tokens! It's been a while since I've played the base game so need to review it again so I can figure out what all this new stuff does.

Got mine too. Taking the insert out easily allows it all to fit it the box. Did not expect so much new stuff. Love games with lot's of stuff. Some call them "fiddly", I call them "options"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I Love Heavy Dry Soulless Euros!!!
badge
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
mbmbmbmbmb
I also received the expansion. The add-on (Bundle 1) that I purchased did not come with this shipment. Are they being sent separately? Has anyone received their add-ons?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueDane wrote:
I also received the expansion. The add-on (Bundle 1) that I purchased did not come with this shipment. Are they being sent separately? Has anyone received their add-ons?

Tony, that was a mix up on my part. I will have the Add-On bundle out to you in a day or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M.
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don, I was curious when the preorders were going out. Just want to make sure I keep an eye out for it (or have someone else get it in case I'm out of town). Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I Love Heavy Dry Soulless Euros!!!
badge
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowkn wrote:
BlueDane wrote:

Tony, that was a mix up on my part. I will have the Add-On bundle out to you in a day or two.

Thanks!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vveaponx wrote:
Don, I was curious when the preorders were going out. Just want to make sure I keep an eye out for it (or have someone else get it in case I'm out of town). Thanks!
J. P., we should have most of the pre-orders out in the next couple days. There was a few things stacked up for me to do for both work and family after a week long convention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M.
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No rush at all Don! I'm just thrilled things are coming together and people are finally able to play this fantastic game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.