Popular Tags: [View All]
Anders Raagaard
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Activate Police Squad part of the City Phase the rules state that

Quote:
All Assassin and Bomb tokens on the Police Squad's new precinct are returned to the DataStream.

The official Player Aid (available on White Goblin Games' website) on the other hand states that you

Quote:
Remove Assassin, Bomb and Criminal Tokens

We have been playing according to the rules as written (i.e. not removing Criminals), but now I'm wondering if the Player Aid is in error or if it should be considered errata.

It seems to me that the Police Squad becomes too powerful if it removes Criminals as well. It also does not really fit the theme of the game, since the reason there are agents in Rain City in the first place, is that the police force is incapable of dealing with the criminals.

Any opinions?

EDIT: This actually has been asked and answered (by Ausloos himself) earlier here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1088823/activate-police-squa...

The answer is that the Police Squad in fact does remove criminals in the new precinct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The police squad effectively cleans up all the events at a location, inlcuding criminals. They can handle some local criminals, but to have complete control over the crime rate of the city they need the help of the Agency.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Raagaard
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ausloosd wrote:
The police squad effectively cleans up all the events at a location, inlcuding criminals. They can handle some local criminals, but to have complete control over the crime rate of the city they need the help of the Agency.

Thanks for the quick answer. Sorry for not seeing the previous thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.