10 Posts

Runewars: Banners of War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Leonx riders & Blood sisters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dizzy Master
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a discuccion with one of my friends: he says that if there are several Leonx riders in the battle only one orb is needed to activate special effect of ALL the Riders. Argued that there was a post on the FFG forum with such point (http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/553...).
Though nobody discussed that point on FFG forum I can't agree - there is no mention of "any number" of Riders in the text of Riders' ability, and if so, Blood sisters (with similar text) would be a bit overpowered on my opinion. I'll be very thankful for any help (official or "like-official" answer may be). Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
could you post the exact ability text? Would help alot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizzy Master
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Text: "Prowl: until the end of the battle, when an enemy unit retreats from the battle you may rout a Leonx Rider to destroy the unit."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
afaik, one rider triggers the ability and until the end of the battle, you can rout any number of Leonx Riders to destroy retreating units.
The blood sisters are different, because their ability does not last until the end of the battle. Their ability is a one time deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizzy Master
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any arguments for this point? Any erratas, official clarifications or something like that? There is no ANY words in rules or abilities of the unit by which I can say: "Yes, all the Riders can do it", but there is plain simple "A rider (single, no plurals!) can do it". Why should I think another way??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
The difference between the Leonx Rider ability and the Blood Sister (and most other abilities) is that Leonx Rider's ability is more long-term.

Most abilities, like the Blood Sister, require you to do something at the time you resolve the orb (if you choose). IE, if you have 3 Blood Sisters, and draw 2 orbs, their ability, which says to destroy a blood sister to destroy an enemy unit - each orb triggers instantly, does it's thing, and is done.

The Leonx Rider ability, on the other hand, lasts until the end of the battle. And it says until the end of the battle, when X then Y. A single orb triggers this "until the end of battle".

There are only 3 abilities that aren't "instant" abilities. Two of them are the Flesh Ripper and Sorcerer abilities granting extra health, although in those cases it does make it explicit that it's "each unit". It can't really use "each unit" with the Leonx Rider as that wording doesn't fit the context. It probably could have been more clear to have the Leonx Rider ability say "Until the end of battle, whenever an enemy unit..." instead of "when", but I'm pretty confident that the intent is "whenever".

That being said, it wouldn't hurt to get official confirmation on that, at which point I can add the answer to the rulings document that I've been maintaining (and which I need to update again with a whole mass of questions, but keep putting it off). I'll submit it and when I get a response, I'll post it here. I'm fairly sure that it will be ruled that one orb is all that's needed based on it's long-term effect, but I'll get clarification.

For all other abilities, though, it's definitely only once-per-orb because all the other abilities trigger and are resolved instantly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizzy Master
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answers! If there will be any changes in this case please post here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Newmoon Cross
msg tools
Hello guys, nice to meet you all! I also have the same doubt when play with friends. Do you have conclusion yet? Thank you~~

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I got a response from Corey awhile back, and forgot to post it:

"As long as you got one orb, you can trigger this effect for each Leonx rider. It works much the same as Flesh Rippers who all gain a benefit as long as one orb is drawn"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Newmoon Cross
msg tools
Thank you very much! It rocks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.