Subject: PSD/SVG Template for Custom Card Designs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cattlemark
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
You can find a template for designing your own custom cards, for personal use, below:

https://app.box.com/dm-template-v1

Quote:

This template is intended solely for personal, not-for-profit use.

This template was put together and intended to be used only as a tool to help you create digital renders of cards that do not exist. To clarify that note, renders should not be exact or near reproductions of actual WizKids/NECA products. Please keep the copyright line and the NOT FOR SALE notation on any finished image.

Please try and credit the artist of whatever imagery you decide to use for your card, it's just the right thing to do.

The .svg file is a scalable vector graphics file, and out of the two templates provided seems to produce the better card renders. Fonts look more like those on actual cards, with sharp edges on the card name and subtitle. The .svg was also the originally built template, the .psd being created from exports of each layer.

You can use the free software Inkscape (http://www.inkscape.org) to edit .svg files.

All layers are locked on both files to prevent accidental changes. You will have to unlock layers before making any changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mitchell
msg tools
I'm not nearly talented enough to do this but I'd love it if someone made a Psylocke!

Hopefully in the Uncanny X-Men expansion her die will be crystal purple with pink accents. Here are my ideas:

Fist-4 Psylocke - Betsy Braddock (common)
"When Psylocke is knocked out, you may pay (fist) to return her to the field."

Fist-5 Psylocke - Assassin (uncommon)
"When fielded, knock out any character who is a lower level than Psylocke"

Fist-6 Psylocke - Labotomize (rare)
"When fielded, target character cannot block this turn.

*: While Psylocke is active, target character cannot attack or block"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bryant
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! If you're on the MDM Google+ group, I just added a Sabretooth card that was created using your template. You did a great job in making it easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bryant
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SJMitchell1975 wrote:
I'm not nearly talented enough to do this but I'd love it if someone made a Psylocke!

Stephen - is there another character's die that you'd want to use for her card? Give me a few days and I could work up cards for her various versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mitchell
msg tools
tensider wrote:
SJMitchell1975 wrote:

Stephen - is there another character's die that you'd want to use for her card? Give me a few days and I could work up cards for her various versions.

I would say Gambit's dice, as much as I dislike the color scheme, would fit best. Also, "Assassin" would need to be changed because Deadpool already has that subtitle. So I'd probably go with "Kwannon" instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bryant
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephen - I'm adding all of my customs to a google album. Take a look at the common Psylocke and tell me what you think.

(removed the album link until I get an okay from the artist on the Psylocke card. I will send you a PM)

I can't -- or don't know how to -- do the die colors very easily, based on how the template is set up (no offense to Ron, since it's 10,000% better than I could have done).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cattlemark
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Changing dice colors is really simple in the Inkscape template, select the die object and change.

In the Photoshop, you'll have to do a Magic Wand selection on the Dice layer (of each die) and just do a Fill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bryant
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's much easier than the crazy stuff that I was trying whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the template!

I'm not really a fan of the card design, and some of the art used for the game. I'll probably do some "custom" cards for casual play with my friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cattlemark
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
RayLancer wrote:

I'm not really a fan of the card design, and some of the art used for the game. I'll probably do some "custom" cards for casual play with my friends.

I'm not a fan either, I've never liked hard corners on any gaming card face. It's simple (a testament to how quick a decent template could be put together), but it does it's job. I imagine if they went any further with designs it would cross over into a territory where the design would look out of place with whatever the imagery and source material was from.

As it stands, throw anything you want in that card image layer and it doesn't look that out of place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanti Massey
msg tools
Thank you for the template!

I've been trying to come up with character ideas with them.

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/15867057#15867057

I doubt I could be doing this if not for your template.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those who don't have access to fancier image editing programs, I made these templates last month:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Mint
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Nice Work, the layers made it very easy to start. Have you shared any card builds?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnnie Lieske
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't know why I wasn't able to find this a month or so ago but I did Googling to see if someone knew what fonts were used on the card.

THANKS, this is awesome and is going to make my custom Silver Age series much easier and better than what I was trying on my own.

Are you going to include or have you made the team/faction icons like Hydra? Or FF. I'll try my hand at making one but your's are so good.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Smith
United States
Columbia Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a pretty good file. Here are a couple characters I made that I'm not even sure they'll make into characters, but I personally like them...

I'm not sure if these are playable yet...I can't quite figure out how they balance characters, if at all. But they were fun to make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Byrd
United States
Ocean Grove
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are great! Moon Knight seems a little cheap for an essentially immortal character with those stats. I would go with 5 purchase cost and maybe 1/2/3 fielding?

The wording of Tigra's burst ability is a little unclear. Does that only occur on the turn that she is fielded?

I love the pictures that you choose and I love the dice symbols. More please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dunagan
United States
Clermont
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great template. Can anyone explain to me how I add a custom logo on the dice 4, 5, and 6? I'm not the most savvy with Photoshop, but if someone had some hints as to how I go about that I would greatly appreciate it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domenick Verga
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mega Man wrote:
This is a pretty good file. Here are a couple characters I made that I'm not even sure they'll make into characters, but I personally like them...

I'm not sure if these are playable yet...I can't quite figure out how they balance characters, if at all. But they were fun to make.

Hello, I was planning on using this to make some custom cards. So far it has been going well. Can I ask where you got the images for the team affiliation logos? That is the only piece I don't see included in the file that I need to complete my cards.

Thanks.

BTW, love your customs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gladiator Posse
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
There is a war on for your mind...
badge
www.DrudgeReport.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Cattlemark wrote:
You can find a template for designing your own custom cards, for personal use, below:

Quote:

You can use the free software Inkscape (http://www.inkscape.org) to edit .svg files.

Could someone PLEASE post a video creating one of these customs using the template linked above in Inkscape? I'm thinking it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to make a decent card with the template, but I'm having a heck of a time with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Springfield
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gladiator_posse wrote:
Cattlemark wrote:

Quote:

Could someone PLEASE post a video creating one of these customs using the template linked above in Inkscape? I'm thinking it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to make a decent card with the template, but I'm having a heck of a time with it.

Yeah, this software is a pain for the uninitiated. Any help would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cocob35 cocob35
France
Rennes
flag msg tools
mb
Hello,

Thanks for this gorgeous template, now I'm looking for the affiliations logos, do you now wer I can find them ?

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drue Butterfield
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools

Using this template I made some custom dragon ball Z dice masters cards. See more at my deviant art page. http://fav.me/d938v16
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cocob35 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for this gorgeous template, now I'm looking for the affiliations logos, do you now wer I can find them ?

thanks

http://www.thereservepool.com/gallerydisplay.php?c=9

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeahbowen wrote:
gladiator_posse wrote:
Cattlemark wrote:

Quote:

Yeah, this software is a pain for the uninitiated. Any help would be great.

Much easier:

http://dm.retrobox.eu/maker/maker.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gladiator Posse
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
There is a war on for your mind...
badge
www.DrudgeReport.com
mbmbmbmbmb
pk2317 wrote:

Finally! My Goonies team will be a reality...Now I just need to assign each a die.

Sloth-using superman for sure...(Cannot be blocked by Villains *When Chunk is in the KO/Prep area, Sloth gains +2A)
Data-batman (Data gains +1A and +1D for each action die you roll this turn.)
Chunk-marshmallon? (If Sloth is active, Chunk gains +2D)
One-Eyed Willy-Punisher with an eye whited-out or maybe Jinzo (Once per turn, you may move a single One-Eyed Willy die to the Used pile. If you do, move any other die in Used to the Prep area)
Mikey-Bucky? (When active, Goonies may be fielded for free)
Mouth-Sabertooth? Phil Coulson? (Pay 1 energy to redirect one player damage to Mouth)
Brand-Baron Zemo? Vibe? Brand gains +1D for each unique villain in the field (*Brand gains Goonie affiliation)
Andi-Pepper Potts (Andi gains +2D when Brand is active. *Andi gains Goonie affiliation)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.