Robb
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes this game does look cool. But from all of the videos I don't get the sense that it feels like you are, for example, Thor wielding his mighty hammer. am I just missing something?

Is this game thematic for the individual super hero characters?

Hope Im making sense here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Parks
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I've seen it seem more like you are the commander and Thor, Spiderman, etc. are more following your orders. I'm still waiting on my game though, should be here Monday or Tuesday so I could be way off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Bazar
United States
Visalia
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It feels exactly like Thor, Spider-Man, and Punisher....got together for a nice game of Quarriors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wookie1 wrote:
Yes this game does look cool. But from all of the videos I don't get the sense that it eels like you are, for example, Thor wielding his mighty hammer. am I just missing something?

It feels like you're Nick Fury from the Avengers movie, assembling a team to send into battle. Your team is a little more cooperative than his, although, when you can't roll any heroes to field it's exactly like Fury in the movie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hmph! "Modern-Day Robin Hood." What am I supposed to do? Steal from myself and give to the poor?
badge
This. This is what I am. This is who I am. Come hell or high water. If I deny it, I deny everything I've ever done... Everything I've ever fought for.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tacullu64 wrote:
wookie1 wrote:
Yes this game does look cool. But from all of the videos I don't get the sense that it eels like you are, for example, Thor wielding his mighty hammer. am I just missing something?

It feels like you're Nick Fury from the Avengers movie, assembling a team to send into battle. Your team is a little more cooperative than his, although, when you can't roll any heroes to field it's exactly like Fury in the movie.

So if you play Nick Fury and you are Nick Fury, you are Nick Fury playing with himself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy eland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick Fury staring as Nick Fury, in Nick Fury's: Nick Fury!
or it is a life model decoy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Robinson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As much as it feels like you're a wizard summoning dragons and elves in Magic: The Gathering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
wookie1 wrote:
Yes this game does look cool. But from all of the videos I don't get the sense that it feels like you are, for example, Thor wielding his mighty hammer. am I just missing something?

No, you don't feel like you are those characters.

Maybe a little bit when you roll the big Hulk and you smash. But generally it feels like youre playing a game with kinda cool dice.

It feels exactly like Magic: the Dicening. (I've never played Quarriors)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roll dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
What you feel like is that you're having a ton of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe not, but when I play "Battleship" I don't feel like I'm commanding a ship's fleet, when I play "Magic" I don't feel like I'm a wizard casting a lightning bolt, and I when I play "King of Tokyo" I don't feel like Godzilla. Why do so many people feel this game in particular MUST feel like you are commanding Wolverine or Black Widow in a field of battle. ...Heroclix might be better if that's you're thing.

How about this angle, the "Marvel universe" is just a vehicle to aid in sales of a good game. You could have had the same game mechanics using the same dice and same abilities, effects, etc. and just given the cards made-up names. Like an underfunded independent manufacturer might have done. Wouldn't you rather have it be themed with Marvel? Even if it doesnt quite feel like yo're using Spiderman himself?

I'd rather see a Wolverine card say, "if Wolverine attacks alone he is unblockable" than "If giant sloth attacks alone it is unblockable." ...Well giant sloth would be cool, but you get the idea.

What matters is the game plays well. It does. The massive analysis of the characters, whether or not the cards match up to the character's perceived attributes in the Marvel Universe, and the differences is just perplexing to me. It's so 'geek'. And I mean that in an endearing connotation.

I'm thrilled that the game managed to get the Marvel license. But the card attributes loosely resemble the character. In fact, it's always surprising to me when there is a similarity. I don't care what it's called, if it helps me win I'm using it.

I want a Marvel "Giant Sloth."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lockwood
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maddest Hatter wrote:
Maybe not, but when I play "Battleship" I don't feel like I'm commanding a ship's fleet, when I play "Magic" I don't feel like I'm a wizard casting a lightning bolt, and I when I play "King of Tokyo" I don't feel like Godzilla. Why do so many people feel this game in particular MUST feel like you are commanding Wolverine or Black Widow in a field of battle. ...Heroclix might be better if that's you're thing.

How about this angle, the "Marvel universe" is just a vehicle to aid in sales of a good game. You could have had the same game mechanics using the same dice and same abilities, effects, etc. and just given the cards made-up names. Like an underfunded independent manufacturer might have done. Wouldn't you rather have it be themed with Marvel? Even if it doesnt quite feel like yo're using Spiderman himself?

I'd rather see a Wolverine card say, "if Wolverine attacks alone he is unblockable" than "If giant sloth attacks alone it is unblockable." ...Well giant sloth would be cool, but you get the idea.

What matters is the game plays well. It does. The massive analysis of the characters, whether or not the cards match up to the character's perceived attributes in the Marvel Universe, and the differences is just perplexing to me. It's so 'geek'. And I mean that in an endearing connotation.

I'm thrilled that the game managed to get the Marvel license. But the card attributes loosely resemble the character. In fact, it's always surprising to me when there is a similarity. I don't care what it's called, if it helps me win I'm using it.

I want a Marvel "Giant Sloth."

As glen said having characters you like is cool but after 2 games in you don't even realize what the subject matter is really. This game is not thematic (which isn't bad most games don't pull it off).

Honestly try a game called Sentinels of the Multiverse. If you are looking for thematic where you feel like a superhero building up powers to fight villains, that game nails it on the head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Maracle
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
OverText is such a 23rd centruy fad.
mbmbmbmbmb
troyboy81 wrote:
Nick Fury staring as Nick Fury, in Nick Fury's: Nick Fury!
or it is a life model decoy

Are you playing the David Hasslehoff version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this game isn't about individual heroes any more than MTG is about individual creatures. You play as the commander of an army, not a member of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.